On that date, the top horseplayers in North America will compete for a guaranteed $75,000 prize pool in the WHHC Final at the Meadowlands Racetrack in East Rutherford, N.J.
“DerbyWars.com is a terrific partner for the World Harness Handicapping Championship,” said Rachel Ryan, Marketing Manager at Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment. “With their support we are able to guarantee the Championship prize pool at $75,000. With 100% of entry fees returned as prizes, this offers tremendous value to our players. Should 108 or more players enter the Championship, the prize pool will exceed $75,000.”
The World Harness Handicapping Championship presented by DerbyWars.com is a one-day tournament, with a welcome reception the evening prior. Players who did not earn a seat through a qualifying event can directly buy-in for $1,000. The $1,000 entry fee includes a $300 bankroll, with the remaining $700 going to the prize pool. The WHHC contest format requires players to bet 10 races: their choice of seven Meadowlands races, plus three designated mandatory races. Players keep all pari-mutuel winnings. Prize payouts are to the Top 10.
The 2018 World Harness Handicapping Championship Qualifier schedule is set and each Qualifier brochure is available at PlayMeadowlands.com. The contest schedule is as follows:
• Nov 4, 2017 – March 31, 2018: Free Online Survival Challenge – 3 WHHC seats
• Saturday, December 2, 2017: $200 Qualifier with 2 WHHC seats
• Saturday, January 20, 2018: $200 Qualifier with 2 WHHC seats
• Saturday, February 17 - $400 contest with top 4 WHHC seats
• Saturday, March 10 - $200 contest with 2 WHHC seats
• Saturday, April 14 - $100 Last Chance contest with 2 WHHC seats
DerbyWars will host regular online Qualifiers for the WHHC beginning with a Free WHHC Qualifier on Friday, October 20. Contests include:
• Friday, October 20: Free WHHC Qualifier with one WHHC seat
• Saturday nights starting October 21: WHHC Qualifier with one WHHC seat
• Saturday, December 2: $10,000 WHHC Qualifier Game with two WHHC seats
• Saturday, January 6: $25,000 WHHC Qualifier Game with three WHHC seats
Complete DerbyWars Qualifier information can be found at DerbyWars.com.
For more information on how to become a WHHC partner outlet or sponsor, contact Rachel Ryan, Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 201-842-5015. For online qualifying on DerbyWars.com, players may contact email@example.com.