Ticker
  • La Coronel (5-1) leads them all the way in the Grade 1 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Rubilinda (6-5) finds the wire just in time to take the Pebbles Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Engage (1-2) rolls home from last to win the Grade 3 Futurity Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Bolt d'Oro is the 12-1 favorite in the current Las Vegas line for Kentucky Derby 2018.Posted 5 days ago
  • Romantic Vision (6-1) takes the sloppy Spinster (G1) at Keeneland.Posted 8 days ago
  • Unique Bella (1-5) returns with a clear victory in the L. A. Woman (G3) at Santa Anita.Posted 8 days ago
  • Flameaway (5-1) wins a three-horse photo finish in the Dixiana Bourbon (G3) at a wet Keeneland.Posted 8 days ago
  • War Flag (9-1) wins the stretch battle in Belmont's Flower Bowl (G1).Posted 8 days ago
  • Separationofpowers (9-5) impresses in the Frizette at Belmont Park.Posted 8 days ago
  • Roy H (4-5) lives up to favoritism in the Grade 1 Santa Anita Sprint Championship.Posted 9 days ago
Breeders' Cup 2017

Sustained, Worth Repeating out of BC

Paul Pompa, Jr.’s 2yo filly Sustained was declared Friday morning from a start in the $1 million Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf and Donkey Island Racing and partners’ 6yo Worth Repeating came out of the $500,000 Breeders’ Cup Marathon, both races to be run later in the afternoon at Santa Anita Park.
 
The defection of Sustained from the Juvenile Fillies Turf allowed Mrs. John Magnier and Michael Tabor’s Irish-trained Infanta Branca to draw into the race from the also-eligible list for trainer Aidan O’Brien.
 
Trainer Dale Romans said of the withdrawal of Sustained, “We probably could have gone, but we felt it to be better safe than sorry.”
 
Sustained had been bothered by a bruise to the right front foot and the Romans team thought they had it under control, but it flared up again Friday morning resulting in the decision to declare.
 
Trainer Michael Machowsky commented about the defection of Worth Repeating, “After training yesterday morning he wasn’t quite right. Last night I had my vet and the state vet take a look at him and we said we’d do a double check this morning.
 
“He was just a little off in his left front; not much, but it was there. This morning both vets looked at him again and it was still there. So then it becomes a no brainer. I can’t run him in a race like this unless he’s 100 percent. He’ll be back for another day.”
 
 
 

 

comments powered by Disqus

Related Pages

Related Stories

Top Stories