The Kentucky Oaks, the Churchill Downs' premier race for 3-year-old fillies, will be run on Friday, April 30, with a potential field of 14.
Churchill Downs has provided an updated list of 13 probable starters and 1 possible, listed here with their likely jockey, trainer and points on the Kentucky Oaks leaderboard.
1. Search Results (Irad Ortiz Jr., Chad Brown, 150 points)
2. Travel Column (Florent Geroux, Brad Cox, 132 points)
3. Crazy Beautiful (Jose Ortiz, Kenny McPeek, 128 points)
4. Pauline’s Pearl (Ricardo Santana Jr., Steve Asmussen, 120 points)
5. Malathaat (Joel Rosario, Todd Pletcher, 110 points)
6. Soothsay (Flavien Prat, Richard Mandella), 100 points
7. Clairiere (Tyler Gaffalione, Steve Asmussen, 94 points)
8. Will’s Secret (Jon Court, Dallas Stewart, 80 points)
9. Millefeuille (TBA, Bill Mott, 44 points)
10. Moraz (Umberto Rispoli, Michael McCarthy, 42 points)
11. Ava’s Grace (TBA, Robertino Diodoro, 40 points)
12. Pass the Champagne (Javier Castellano, George Weaver, 40 points)
13. Maracuja (Kendrick Carmouche, Rob Atras, 40 points)
14. Competitive Speed (TBA, Javier Gonzalez, 30 points)
Next up in order of preference:
• Coach (Luis Saez, Brad Cox, 26 points)
• Souper Sensational (TBA, Mark Casse, 24 points)
• Moon Swag (TBA, Brendan Walsh, 22 points)
• Army Wife (TBA, Mike Maker, 20 points)
• Spritz (Chris Landeros, Rodolphe Brissett, 20 points).
Churchill Downs also lists the following fillies as being out of contention for the Oaks: Beautiful Gift, Wholebodemeister, Mnasek, Adventuring, The Grass Is Blue, Kalypso, Vequist, Miss Brazil and Nayefah.