There is not a single Breeders' Cup race with a bigger speed figure standout than Jackie's Warrior in the Juvenile. The undefeated Champagne (G1) winner has the highest Beyer, Brisnet and Timeform figures in the field and, as a result, will be a short price. Below we compare the speed figures for this year's Juvenile field.
|Horse||Best/Last Beyer||Best/Last Brisnet Figure||Best/Last Timeform Figure|
|Sittin on Go||84/84||90/90||109/109|
Who is the fastest: Jackie's Warrior leads the way in every category, and his numbers have been so good that Reinvestment Risk has the second highest figures in the field despite losing to Jackie's Warrior comfortably.
One thing that stands out: Timeform values the strength of Sittin on Go's Iroquois victory, giving him a strong 109 Timeform rating. Beyer Speed Figures value of Essential Quality's Breeders' Futurity win as an 88 is a very high number for a horse making his second career start.
Odds and accomplishments for the 2020 Juvenile runners:
|Horse||Claim to Fame||Last Race||HRN Odds|
|Jackie's Warrior||Champagne, Hopeful (G1) winner||1st in Champagne||7-5|
|Essential Quality||Breeders' Futurity (G1) winner||1st in Breeders' Futurity||5-2|
|Reinvestment Risk||2nd in Champagne, Hopeful||2nd in Champagne||5-1|
|Sittin on Go||Iroquois winner (G3)||1st in Iroquois||10-1|
|Spielberg||2nd in DMR Futurity (G1)||3rd in American Pharoah||15-1|
|Likeable||Impressive maiden winner||Broke maiden||20-1|
|Upstriker||Impressive debut winner||4th in Breeders' Futurity||20-1|
Impressive maiden winner
|Keepmeinmind||2nd in Breeders’ Futurity (G1)||2nd in Breeders' Futurity||30-1|
|Dreamer's Disease||Allowance winner||1st in Keen allowance||30-1|
|Smiley Sobotka||Impressive maiden winner||Broke maiden||30-1|
|Pickin' Time||Smoke Glacken Stakes winner||1st in Smoke Glacken||30-1|
Breeders' Cup Juvenile updates
• Vittorio was not listed by trainer Simon Callaghan among his three horses targeting the Breeders' Cup.
• Reinvestment Risk was listed among the 13 Breeders' Cup probables that Chad Brown confirmed.
• Kelly Breen told HRN on Tuesday that there is a "small chance" Smoke Glacken Stakes winner Pickin' Time will run in the Juvenile.
• Peter Miller's Get Her Number is out of the Juvenile, and Superman Shaq is possible.
• Ignacio Correas confirmed to HRN that Therideofalifetime would not run in the Juvenile.
• Robertino Diodoro told HRN that he plans to enter Breeders' Futurity runner-up Keepmeinmind in the Juvenile and is considering running recent Keeneland allowance winner Dreamer's Disease as well.
• Brad Cox told HRN that Essential Quality came out of his Breeders' Futurity win in good order and is targeting the Juvenile next.
• Ryan Hanson confirmed to HRN that Best Pal winner Weston would bypass the Juvenile.
Who's already going: Get Her Number, Essential Quality, Sittin on Go, Keepmeinmind, Jackie's Warrior, Reinvestment Risk
Who could be going: Spielberg, Superman Shaq, Upstriker, Dreamer's Disease, Pickin' Time
|Rank||Silks||Horse / Sire||Rating||Trainer / Jockey||Last Start||Status|