I'm going to enjoy getting ready for the Belmont. GREAT card on tap. TC possibility (itself a rarity lately). And a watching party to plan. When it comes to horse racing, this is as good as it gets.
I just watched the video. I'm far from an expert on these things. But what I saw looked effortless. I didn't see a horse on edge (regardless of what the times were). Victor barely moved and the horse looked entirely comfortable to me. Actually, the word that comes to mind is FLUID. I saw nothing that makes me worried that the horse is too amped up or otherwise off his usual game.
roughly 66% of my multi-race wagering with go through Chrome next week. Most of the remaining 34% will go through the other CC and WS. I will probably stand against Tonalist, ROC, and the others.
Yesterday Sherman said he has never felt more confident going into a race. For what that's worth.
I'd still like to know what precisely is wrong with a horse being eager/on the muscle before a big race.
oops -- hit the return button prematurely! I'm not saying that you (tmallios) are wrong about it. I'm genuinely curious about why this is such a bad indicator (aside from the fact that it didn't play out well for a couple of other horses in this situation)?
So after this morning the exercise rider Willie Delgado said "My arms were burning. I had to stand up to pull him up." Tmallios predicted this and has been worried about it. I'd like to hear more from him about why this is a bad thing. I know he said Funny Cide did it, but is being on the muscle ALWAYS a bad sign? And why is it such a bad sign precisely? I
I think the horse can do it, and I think he is going to do it. My only hesitation has nothing to do with the horse or with any other horse in the field. Rather, it is a hesitation that stems from having been disappointed every single time. I was three years old when Affirmed won. I turn forty two weeks after the Belmont. If Chrome loses, you won't hear me bash the horse or say I told you so. I'll simply be disappointed. Again.
The winning ticket (purchased by Dan Borislow) cost over 7k. He hit the all button in every leg but the 4th. His net worth is somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 B. So it goes.
Copyright © 2010 - 2014 Immerse!, LLC
other passionate horse racing fans!