• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 1 day ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 1 day ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 1 day ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 5 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 6 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 7 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 7 days ago

Zito Hopes Sophomores Keep Improving

Absent from the Triple Crown this year, Hall of Fame trainer Nick Zito is hoping to make some noise in the 3-year-old division beginning this weekend.

On Friday, he will send out the lightly raced Easter Gift, second by a neck to Le Bernardin in the Grade 3 Pegasus last time out, in the $100,000 Curlin. Saturday, he saddles Grade 2 Dwyer runner-up Fast Falcon in the Grade 2 Jim Dandy, and Sunday he will have recent acquisition Fort Loudon in the Grade 2 Amsterdam.

“By the one horse running Friday, and Fast Falcon Saturday, it still gives us hope, and it’s very nice,” said Zito, who won the Kentucky Derby with Strike the Gold (1991) and Go for Gin (1994), the Preakness with Louis Quatorze (1996) and the Belmont with Birdstone (2004) and Da’ Tara (2008).

“You know, for the first time not being in the Triple Crown in a long time, and I always say this, I’m lucky and blessed,” he said. “When you miss a year or two, you’re supposed to. That’s just the business. I’ve been blessed, so I’m happy. I’m certainly happy to get back into this deal. Like I always say, God’s been good to me, and getting me back into the second half of the season would be great.”