• Disco Partner (5-2) rolls last to first to win the Elusive Quality on the Belmont lawn.Posted 16 minutes ago
  • Battalion Runner and Malagacy will NOT run in the Kentucky Derby, per Todd Pletcher.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Thunder Snow confirmed for the Kentucky Derby by Godolphin.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Quiet Business (16-1) powers home to win the Bewitch at Keeneland.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Celtic Chaos (7-1) gets up on the wire to win the Affirmed Success.Posted 1 day ago
  • Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 2 days ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 6 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Zenyatta and Bernardini Equals …

Now that we know Zenyatta will be bred to Bernardini, the next logical question is what the name of the resulting foal will be. I got the ball rolling with a few possibilities, but as you can see, I need some help. Who's ready to have some fun? Let's come up with the perfect name for the son or daughter of the two champions.

Big Tini
Big Zini
The First of Zen
Bernie’s Best Girl
Champion’s Pride
King of Zen
Zenini Bernyatta

Older Comments about Zenyatta and Bernardini Equals …...

So far, I like Zenardini, Zendini and Zenadenia, but moreso the first two.
Мне нравится Second Coming.
Zenardini
BZ Queen, Regatta, Zibeline, Zeb, Bernazetti, Masoko, Zting.
Two good ones I've seen that arent listed are: Zendini (colt) and Zenadenia (filly). Of the ones listed, I like: Mondatta B Good, Moss's Choice, Synchronicity, Mondatta Slew, A.P. Mondatta.
if its a boy Son of a Zitch or of the zitch
A P Mondatta
Mondatta Slew
Then we are in the same crowd, icyhotboo. Betting isn't my forte, either even though I also try to pick a winner when I have time to visit the track. For me, horse racing is about the excitement and thrill it brings to watch these great athletes compete.
I am really just having a little fun. Both Zenyatta and Rachel were just awesome and I am grateful to have had the opportunity of seeing them both. As to who would have won a race between the two I don't know and really don't care, but to watch such a race from a racing fans point of view brings me back to the match ups between Dr. Fager and Damascus also great horses in their own right.In the end it's all about the enjoyment for me as betting horses is not my forte although I do my best to win.
icyhotboo - I love your name for C & R's baby! Got any others?
What cugel said is true. But horses like Miesque and Rachel Alexandra have the 'X' Factor gene from their dams. So I still have hopes for Rachel's baby to perform well.
You left out the track record holder for the Melbounre cup too Kingston Rule by the Big Red guy.
Disappointment? he was leading broodmare srie for years, producing through his mares little ones like Chief's Crown A P Indy, Storm Cat and Summer Squall just to name a few..Failures at stud have NO offspring of note on par with Citation for example
Secretariat was a disappointment at stud, but ... any stallion who sires a duo like Lady's Secret and Risen Star isn't all bad.
huge Zenyatta fan here but cugel is right. Breeding is not an exact science. She could end up being another Miesque, but equally she could be one of the great racemares who didn't. Bernadini is an interesting choice as breeders usually go for more experienced sires for maiden mares. And whether Secretariat was a wonderful broodmare sire, he still is considered a disappointment at stud.
Secretariat was a great broodmare sire,pick another one.
How about "Underachiever"? Most of you are still so blinded by Z's light, that you haven't come back to reality. The reality is that even the greatest sires and dams in history (e.g. Northern Dancer, Bold Ruler) don't produce any more than about 20% stakes winners in their progeny). I sense massive disappointments pending (see Secretariat's sire career).
TryancatchRachelskid
If its a colt, Bucephalus. Because theres no telling how big its going to be... And heres one for the Zenites out there. Stolen Title. If you beleive she lost HOTY 08' and 09'. [Which is obviously not true] xP