• Disco Partner (5-2) rolls last to first to win the Elusive Quality on the Belmont lawn.Posted 8 hours ago
  • Battalion Runner and Malagacy will NOT run in the Kentucky Derby, per Todd Pletcher.Posted 10 hours ago
  • Thunder Snow confirmed for the Kentucky Derby by Godolphin.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Quiet Business (16-1) powers home to win the Bewitch at Keeneland.Posted 1 day ago
  • Celtic Chaos (7-1) gets up on the wire to win the Affirmed Success.Posted 1 day ago
  • Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 2 days ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 6 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 7 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 7 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Zenyatta Confirmed In Foal to Bernardini

Zenyatta, the reigning Horse of the Year, was confirmed in foal to Bernardini Tuesday at Lane's End Farm in Kentucky. Zenyatta "shared" her good news on her blog:

"Everything at the farm is going very, very well. I want to share with you the fabulous day I have had so far. This morning, my vets came to check me and… YES, I am eating for TWO! As of this morning, I have had what is technically called my ’60 day check-up’. I am happily IN FOAL! All is A-OK! My pregnancy is progressing nicely and the baby has a very strong heartbeat!"

This was the second try for Zenyatta, whose first pregnancy ended prematurely in March. According to the blog, her owners, Jerry and Ann Moss, opted not to determine the sex of the foal, as is their custom.

Older Comments about Zenyatta Confirmed In Foal to Bernardini...

Hmmm...did they start deciding on names yet? Zendini (M) or Bernyatta (F) :-)
Bernardini's become an awfully good, and awfully respected American sire very early into his standing stud. But this may very well be a case of this foal being as sought after as much for the broodmares genes as much as the sires.
Hopefully this foal will be half as good it's parents were ;)
Couldn't have happened to a nicer couple:) So happy and cannot wait until next year for her baby to arrive!
thats awesome! cant wait to see the monster from those 2!
Well done!!!
I'm so excited that I'm going to go eat a huge piece of chocolate ice box pie in baby's honor:)
Congrats big momma!! Really wish you all the best, and I hope you don't have any problems carrying this one!! Bernardini has very rapidly proven himself to be one of the very best young sires in the breeding industry these days, so this foal really has the potential to become something special, IMO. Can you imagine the $$$ this foal will fetch if it's sold somewhere like the Keenland sales, or something???
Cool!!!