• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Zenyatta Confirmed In Foal to Bernardini

Zenyatta, the reigning Horse of the Year, was confirmed in foal to Bernardini Tuesday at Lane's End Farm in Kentucky. Zenyatta "shared" her good news on her blog:

"Everything at the farm is going very, very well. I want to share with you the fabulous day I have had so far. This morning, my vets came to check me and… YES, I am eating for TWO! As of this morning, I have had what is technically called my ’60 day check-up’. I am happily IN FOAL! All is A-OK! My pregnancy is progressing nicely and the baby has a very strong heartbeat!"

This was the second try for Zenyatta, whose first pregnancy ended prematurely in March. According to the blog, her owners, Jerry and Ann Moss, opted not to determine the sex of the foal, as is their custom.

Older Comments about Zenyatta Confirmed In Foal to Bernardini...

Hmmm...did they start deciding on names yet? Zendini (M) or Bernyatta (F) :-)
Bernardini's become an awfully good, and awfully respected American sire very early into his standing stud. But this may very well be a case of this foal being as sought after as much for the broodmares genes as much as the sires.
Hopefully this foal will be half as good it's parents were ;)
Couldn't have happened to a nicer couple:) So happy and cannot wait until next year for her baby to arrive!
thats awesome! cant wait to see the monster from those 2!
Well done!!!
I'm so excited that I'm going to go eat a huge piece of chocolate ice box pie in baby's honor:)
Congrats big momma!! Really wish you all the best, and I hope you don't have any problems carrying this one!! Bernardini has very rapidly proven himself to be one of the very best young sires in the breeding industry these days, so this foal really has the potential to become something special, IMO. Can you imagine the $$$ this foal will fetch if it's sold somewhere like the Keenland sales, or something???
Cool!!!