• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 3 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 3 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 3 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 3 days ago

Zenyatta Confirmed In Foal to Bernardini

Zenyatta, the reigning Horse of the Year, was confirmed in foal to Bernardini Tuesday at Lane's End Farm in Kentucky. Zenyatta "shared" her good news on her blog:

"Everything at the farm is going very, very well. I want to share with you the fabulous day I have had so far. This morning, my vets came to check me and… YES, I am eating for TWO! As of this morning, I have had what is technically called my ’60 day check-up’. I am happily IN FOAL! All is A-OK! My pregnancy is progressing nicely and the baby has a very strong heartbeat!"

This was the second try for Zenyatta, whose first pregnancy ended prematurely in March. According to the blog, her owners, Jerry and Ann Moss, opted not to determine the sex of the foal, as is their custom.

Older Comments about Zenyatta Confirmed In Foal to Bernardini...

Hmmm...did they start deciding on names yet? Zendini (M) or Bernyatta (F) :-)
Bernardini's become an awfully good, and awfully respected American sire very early into his standing stud. But this may very well be a case of this foal being as sought after as much for the broodmares genes as much as the sires.
Hopefully this foal will be half as good it's parents were ;)
Couldn't have happened to a nicer couple:) So happy and cannot wait until next year for her baby to arrive!
thats awesome! cant wait to see the monster from those 2!
Well done!!!
I'm so excited that I'm going to go eat a huge piece of chocolate ice box pie in baby's honor:)
Congrats big momma!! Really wish you all the best, and I hope you don't have any problems carrying this one!! Bernardini has very rapidly proven himself to be one of the very best young sires in the breeding industry these days, so this foal really has the potential to become something special, IMO. Can you imagine the $$$ this foal will fetch if it's sold somewhere like the Keenland sales, or something???
Cool!!!