• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 5 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 5 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 5 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 5 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

Zenyatta Confirmed In Foal to Bernardini

Zenyatta, the reigning Horse of the Year, was confirmed in foal to Bernardini Tuesday at Lane's End Farm in Kentucky. Zenyatta "shared" her good news on her blog:

"Everything at the farm is going very, very well. I want to share with you the fabulous day I have had so far. This morning, my vets came to check me and… YES, I am eating for TWO! As of this morning, I have had what is technically called my ’60 day check-up’. I am happily IN FOAL! All is A-OK! My pregnancy is progressing nicely and the baby has a very strong heartbeat!"

This was the second try for Zenyatta, whose first pregnancy ended prematurely in March. According to the blog, her owners, Jerry and Ann Moss, opted not to determine the sex of the foal, as is their custom.

Older Comments about Zenyatta Confirmed In Foal to Bernardini...

Hmmm...did they start deciding on names yet? Zendini (M) or Bernyatta (F) :-)
Bernardini's become an awfully good, and awfully respected American sire very early into his standing stud. But this may very well be a case of this foal being as sought after as much for the broodmares genes as much as the sires.
Hopefully this foal will be half as good it's parents were ;)
Couldn't have happened to a nicer couple:) So happy and cannot wait until next year for her baby to arrive!
thats awesome! cant wait to see the monster from those 2!
Well done!!!
I'm so excited that I'm going to go eat a huge piece of chocolate ice box pie in baby's honor:)
Congrats big momma!! Really wish you all the best, and I hope you don't have any problems carrying this one!! Bernardini has very rapidly proven himself to be one of the very best young sires in the breeding industry these days, so this foal really has the potential to become something special, IMO. Can you imagine the $$$ this foal will fetch if it's sold somewhere like the Keenland sales, or something???
Cool!!!