• Far From Over is injured and off the Kentucky Derby trail, according to owner, James Covello.Posted 1 day ago
  • Materiality turns away the challenge of Upstart to win the Florida Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • International Star reels in Stanford late to win the Louisiana Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • I'm A Chatterbox sweeps the 3yo filly stakes at Fair Grounds with today's win in the Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pants On Fire guts out a win in the Sir Shackleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • War Correspondent rolls late to win the Appleton.Posted 4 days ago
  • Prince Bishop wins the world's richest race; California Chrome 2nd.Posted 4 days ago
  • Dolniya dominates the boys in the Dubai Sheema ClassicPosted 4 days ago
  • Solow defeats The Grey Gatsby in the $6,000,000 Dubai TurfPosted 4 days ago

You Know I Know Ventures East for Polytrack

keeneland start

On a brisk Friday morning at Keeneland, Southern Californians Anthony Chacon and Paul Mangini Jr. wondered who left the freezer door open as the temperature rested in the low 30s.

“Maybe we can get some cold cash to take back to warm California,” Chacon said as Hagyard Fayette (G2) hopeful You Know I Know walked back to Barn 48 after his second morning of activity on the main track.

Should they get the bulk of the money from the $200,000 purse, the owners will be able to say they had the perfect first trip to Keeneland.

“We’ve never been here for sales or the races,” Mangini said.

The reason for leaving the sunny climes of Los Angeles to come here was simple: “The Polytrack,” Chacon said. “He really took to it at Del Mar. That was his first time on Polytrack, and he does not like the track at Santa Anita.”

After moderate success on the all-weather surface at Betfair Hollywood Park after racing primarily on turf, You Know I Know won an allowance race at Del Mar and finished third in his first stakes effort, the Grade 1 Pacific Classic.

Trainer John Sadler claimed You Know I Know for $50,000 for the owners in the Simon Pure gelding’s first start on Feb. 24, 2012.

“He was a big horse and he had been working well,” Chacon said of why they were attracted to the gelding.

You Know I Know will break from post position two under Eddie Castro in the Hagyard Fayette. In his previous start, You Know I Know was eighth in the Awesome Again (G1) on the dirt at Santa Anita.