• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Woodford Reserve Manhattan Quotes

WOODFORD RESERVE MANHATTAN QUOTES

Christophe Clement, winning trainer of Winchester (No. 4) and runner-up Gio Ponti (No. 1): “He ran a great race, and I am delighted. Gio Ponti was pinned inside. I’m very happy with the two horses. The two horses worked remarkably together last Sunday. Winchester comes from far out of it; I thought softer ground would serve him well, but for some reason horses are coming from out of it today.”

Cornelio Velasquez, winning jockey aboard Winchester (No. 4): He had a good, stable position. I saw there was traffic on the inside, so I decided to go outside. He probably had the best trip in the race.

Ramon Dominguez, rider aboard second-place finisher Gio Ponti (No. 1): “I don’t know what happened to Interpatation at the three-eighths pole, but he got squeezed and we had to check sharply since we were right behind him. I had to take a hold of him and drift out, then get back inside. I’m not going to make any excuses. He ran well and he ran hard. The winner had a jump on us at the end.”

Chad Brown, trainer of third-place finisher Expansion (No. 11): “We kept him in the clear today, we lost some ground and that was the plan. Last time out we got trapped in the Elkhorn, but I knew he was sitting on a big race. We knew this race was deep water.  The owners and I talked last night and we said, we’ll give it a shot. He’s just too good.  At the eighth pole, I thought I had a chance to win and I figured if he got clear, he might have had a chance to steal it. Those are two really nice horses that finished ahead of him.  He beat some nice horses today and he is a really nice horse.”

Javier Castellano, rider aboard third-place finisher Expansion (No. 11): “I thought he ran well.  He was coming on at the end.  He ran a big race behind the winner and defending champion.”