• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 13 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 4 days ago

Woodford Reserve Manhattan Quotes

WOODFORD RESERVE MANHATTAN QUOTES

Christophe Clement, winning trainer of Winchester (No. 4) and runner-up Gio Ponti (No. 1): “He ran a great race, and I am delighted. Gio Ponti was pinned inside. I’m very happy with the two horses. The two horses worked remarkably together last Sunday. Winchester comes from far out of it; I thought softer ground would serve him well, but for some reason horses are coming from out of it today.”

Cornelio Velasquez, winning jockey aboard Winchester (No. 4): He had a good, stable position. I saw there was traffic on the inside, so I decided to go outside. He probably had the best trip in the race.

Ramon Dominguez, rider aboard second-place finisher Gio Ponti (No. 1): “I don’t know what happened to Interpatation at the three-eighths pole, but he got squeezed and we had to check sharply since we were right behind him. I had to take a hold of him and drift out, then get back inside. I’m not going to make any excuses. He ran well and he ran hard. The winner had a jump on us at the end.”

Chad Brown, trainer of third-place finisher Expansion (No. 11): “We kept him in the clear today, we lost some ground and that was the plan. Last time out we got trapped in the Elkhorn, but I knew he was sitting on a big race. We knew this race was deep water.  The owners and I talked last night and we said, we’ll give it a shot. He’s just too good.  At the eighth pole, I thought I had a chance to win and I figured if he got clear, he might have had a chance to steal it. Those are two really nice horses that finished ahead of him.  He beat some nice horses today and he is a really nice horse.”

Javier Castellano, rider aboard third-place finisher Expansion (No. 11): “I thought he ran well.  He was coming on at the end.  He ran a big race behind the winner and defending champion.”