• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 1 day ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 2 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 3 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 3 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 3 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 3 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago

Woodford Reserve Manhattan Quotes

WOODFORD RESERVE MANHATTAN QUOTES

Christophe Clement, winning trainer of Winchester (No. 4) and runner-up Gio Ponti (No. 1): “He ran a great race, and I am delighted. Gio Ponti was pinned inside. I’m very happy with the two horses. The two horses worked remarkably together last Sunday. Winchester comes from far out of it; I thought softer ground would serve him well, but for some reason horses are coming from out of it today.”

Cornelio Velasquez, winning jockey aboard Winchester (No. 4): He had a good, stable position. I saw there was traffic on the inside, so I decided to go outside. He probably had the best trip in the race.

Ramon Dominguez, rider aboard second-place finisher Gio Ponti (No. 1): “I don’t know what happened to Interpatation at the three-eighths pole, but he got squeezed and we had to check sharply since we were right behind him. I had to take a hold of him and drift out, then get back inside. I’m not going to make any excuses. He ran well and he ran hard. The winner had a jump on us at the end.”

Chad Brown, trainer of third-place finisher Expansion (No. 11): “We kept him in the clear today, we lost some ground and that was the plan. Last time out we got trapped in the Elkhorn, but I knew he was sitting on a big race. We knew this race was deep water.  The owners and I talked last night and we said, we’ll give it a shot. He’s just too good.  At the eighth pole, I thought I had a chance to win and I figured if he got clear, he might have had a chance to steal it. Those are two really nice horses that finished ahead of him.  He beat some nice horses today and he is a really nice horse.”

Javier Castellano, rider aboard third-place finisher Expansion (No. 11): “I thought he ran well.  He was coming on at the end.  He ran a big race behind the winner and defending champion.”