• Long shot Stormy Lucy (65-1) upsets the Matriarch (G1) at Del Mar in the last stride. Posted 1 day ago
  • Dortmund romps home a winner in the Native Diver.Posted 2 days ago
  • Commissioner much the best in the Hawthorne Gold Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Chiropractor edges March for a Hollywood Derby win at 14-1.Posted 2 days ago
  • Airoforce takes to the dirt in a big way, pulling away to win the Kentucky Jockey Club.Posted 3 days ago
  • Carina Mia turns back Stageplay in the Golden Rod.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tonalist with a late rush to just get up in the Cigar Mile!Posted 3 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled outduels Carrumba to the wire in the Comely.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mohaymen an impressive winner of Aqueduct's nine furlong Remsen.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lewis Bay runs to her odds in the Demoiselle.Posted 3 days ago

Wise Dan's Latest Workout Pleases LoPresti

Trainer Charles LoPresti was still smiling late Saturday morning, several hours after two-time reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan turned in a solid five-furlong work on the main track, covering the distance in 1:01.64.

"I think he looked like the old Wise Dan," said LoPresti. "I think he's coming the right way now; that's why I didn't run him in the Fourstardave [on August 9]. He was a couple of breezes short of running in that race."

LoPresti said the 7-year-old gelding is ready for a return to the races, three months after undergoing colic surgery, but neither he nor owner Morton Fink have decided when and where that comeback will be.

"He's ready now; I'm just trying to fight in my head where to run him and what's the right thing to do," said LoPresti. "Do I run him here [in the Grade 2 Bernard Baruch on August 30]? Do I run him in Canada [in the Woodbine Mile on September 14]? I have to talk to Mr. Fink. My heart says ... I don't know what my heart says."

Although nominated to the Grade 1 Woodward on August 30, LoPresti said that was an unlikely spot for his return.

"I don't think Mr. Fink would want to run him in a Grade 1 on the dirt in his comeback," said LoPresti. "There's no doubt he could run in the Bernard Baruch if that's what Mr. Fink wants to do. We could [possibly] run in the Bernard Baruch, skip the Woodbine Mile, and go to the Shadwell Turf Mile [on October 4 at Keeneland Race Course]. We have another work next week. But we are going to have to figure something out before long."