• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 2 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 3 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 3 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 3 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 3 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 4 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 4 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Wise Dan's Latest Workout Pleases LoPresti

Trainer Charles LoPresti was still smiling late Saturday morning, several hours after two-time reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan turned in a solid five-furlong work on the main track, covering the distance in 1:01.64.

"I think he looked like the old Wise Dan," said LoPresti. "I think he's coming the right way now; that's why I didn't run him in the Fourstardave [on August 9]. He was a couple of breezes short of running in that race."

LoPresti said the 7-year-old gelding is ready for a return to the races, three months after undergoing colic surgery, but neither he nor owner Morton Fink have decided when and where that comeback will be.

"He's ready now; I'm just trying to fight in my head where to run him and what's the right thing to do," said LoPresti. "Do I run him here [in the Grade 2 Bernard Baruch on August 30]? Do I run him in Canada [in the Woodbine Mile on September 14]? I have to talk to Mr. Fink. My heart says ... I don't know what my heart says."

Although nominated to the Grade 1 Woodward on August 30, LoPresti said that was an unlikely spot for his return.

"I don't think Mr. Fink would want to run him in a Grade 1 on the dirt in his comeback," said LoPresti. "There's no doubt he could run in the Bernard Baruch if that's what Mr. Fink wants to do. We could [possibly] run in the Bernard Baruch, skip the Woodbine Mile, and go to the Shadwell Turf Mile [on October 4 at Keeneland Race Course]. We have another work next week. But we are going to have to figure something out before long."