• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Wise Dan's Latest Workout Pleases LoPresti

Trainer Charles LoPresti was still smiling late Saturday morning, several hours after two-time reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan turned in a solid five-furlong work on the main track, covering the distance in 1:01.64.

"I think he looked like the old Wise Dan," said LoPresti. "I think he's coming the right way now; that's why I didn't run him in the Fourstardave [on August 9]. He was a couple of breezes short of running in that race."

LoPresti said the 7-year-old gelding is ready for a return to the races, three months after undergoing colic surgery, but neither he nor owner Morton Fink have decided when and where that comeback will be.

"He's ready now; I'm just trying to fight in my head where to run him and what's the right thing to do," said LoPresti. "Do I run him here [in the Grade 2 Bernard Baruch on August 30]? Do I run him in Canada [in the Woodbine Mile on September 14]? I have to talk to Mr. Fink. My heart says ... I don't know what my heart says."

Although nominated to the Grade 1 Woodward on August 30, LoPresti said that was an unlikely spot for his return.

"I don't think Mr. Fink would want to run him in a Grade 1 on the dirt in his comeback," said LoPresti. "There's no doubt he could run in the Bernard Baruch if that's what Mr. Fink wants to do. We could [possibly] run in the Bernard Baruch, skip the Woodbine Mile, and go to the Shadwell Turf Mile [on October 4 at Keeneland Race Course]. We have another work next week. But we are going to have to figure something out before long."