• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 3 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 3 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 4 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 5 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 8 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 10 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 11 days ago

Wise Dan's Latest Workout Pleases LoPresti

Trainer Charles LoPresti was still smiling late Saturday morning, several hours after two-time reigning Horse of the Year Wise Dan turned in a solid five-furlong work on the main track, covering the distance in 1:01.64.

"I think he looked like the old Wise Dan," said LoPresti. "I think he's coming the right way now; that's why I didn't run him in the Fourstardave [on August 9]. He was a couple of breezes short of running in that race."

LoPresti said the 7-year-old gelding is ready for a return to the races, three months after undergoing colic surgery, but neither he nor owner Morton Fink have decided when and where that comeback will be.

"He's ready now; I'm just trying to fight in my head where to run him and what's the right thing to do," said LoPresti. "Do I run him here [in the Grade 2 Bernard Baruch on August 30]? Do I run him in Canada [in the Woodbine Mile on September 14]? I have to talk to Mr. Fink. My heart says ... I don't know what my heart says."

Although nominated to the Grade 1 Woodward on August 30, LoPresti said that was an unlikely spot for his return.

"I don't think Mr. Fink would want to run him in a Grade 1 on the dirt in his comeback," said LoPresti. "There's no doubt he could run in the Bernard Baruch if that's what Mr. Fink wants to do. We could [possibly] run in the Bernard Baruch, skip the Woodbine Mile, and go to the Shadwell Turf Mile [on October 4 at Keeneland Race Course]. We have another work next week. But we are going to have to figure something out before long."