• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 3 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 3 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 4 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 8 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 9 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 10 days ago

Wise Dan Will Enter Shadwell Turf Mile

Wise Dan and jockey John Velazquez win the Grade 2, $500,000 Fourstardave Handicap at Saratoga Race Course.

Trainer Charlies Lopresti said Tuesday morning that Morton Fink’s homebred Wise Dan would be entered Wednesday for Saturday’s 27th running of the $750,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (G1).

“We are going to enter him and see what happens,” Lopresti said of the 5-year-old Wiseman’s Ferry gelding, who has earned more than $2 million. “We are going to take it day to day and right now he is doing good. Weather will not be a factor (in running). Jose Lezcano will have the mount.”

Winner of the Ben Ali (G3) in main track record time in his most recent race at Keeneland, Wise Dan comes into the Shadwell Turf Mile off a 3¼-length victory in the Ricoh Woodbine Mile (G1) on September  16. The victory at Woodbine earned Wise Dan a berth in the Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1) on November 3 at Santa Anita.

The Shadwell Turf Mile, won by champion Gio Ponti last year with Wise Dan finishing fourth, is also a “Win and You’re In” race for the Breeders’ Cup World Championships.

Older Comments about Wise Dan Will Enter Shadwell Turf Mile...

I forgot jockey change with Rosario on him that puts him right in the mix. He's capable of going 1:59.0, so are some of the others. That kind of pace would set up RTG nicely.
I agree Icy. I just am not a GOD fan. I think he is a good race horse with some impressive wins, but it seems like if he had to run againist Fort Larned,MMM, Ron The Greek, Wise Dan, and Alternation a couple times a year, he would not have such an impressive record. Being at home though will help him againist the cream of the crop
Whether WD runs in the classic or not GOD hasn't gotten in the mix with the tough older horses who have been trading wins. I wouldn't throw him of the exotics but on top, no,
I think Wise Dan could win 3 or 4 races at the Breeders Cup! I really hope with the way the Classic is panning out, they give a real thought to letting him go out and win the classic! He deserves to win the Classic and will win it I believe. If he runs the Mile I will happy to, but I want everyone to see this beast put GOD back to at least a runner up!