• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 4 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 10 days ago

Wise Dan Will Enter Shadwell Turf Mile

Wise Dan and jockey John Velazquez win the Grade 2, $500,000 Fourstardave Handicap at Saratoga Race Course.

Trainer Charlies Lopresti said Tuesday morning that Morton Fink’s homebred Wise Dan would be entered Wednesday for Saturday’s 27th running of the $750,000 Shadwell Turf Mile (G1).

“We are going to enter him and see what happens,” Lopresti said of the 5-year-old Wiseman’s Ferry gelding, who has earned more than $2 million. “We are going to take it day to day and right now he is doing good. Weather will not be a factor (in running). Jose Lezcano will have the mount.”

Winner of the Ben Ali (G3) in main track record time in his most recent race at Keeneland, Wise Dan comes into the Shadwell Turf Mile off a 3¼-length victory in the Ricoh Woodbine Mile (G1) on September  16. The victory at Woodbine earned Wise Dan a berth in the Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1) on November 3 at Santa Anita.

The Shadwell Turf Mile, won by champion Gio Ponti last year with Wise Dan finishing fourth, is also a “Win and You’re In” race for the Breeders’ Cup World Championships.

Older Comments about Wise Dan Will Enter Shadwell Turf Mile...

I forgot jockey change with Rosario on him that puts him right in the mix. He's capable of going 1:59.0, so are some of the others. That kind of pace would set up RTG nicely.
I agree Icy. I just am not a GOD fan. I think he is a good race horse with some impressive wins, but it seems like if he had to run againist Fort Larned,MMM, Ron The Greek, Wise Dan, and Alternation a couple times a year, he would not have such an impressive record. Being at home though will help him againist the cream of the crop
Whether WD runs in the classic or not GOD hasn't gotten in the mix with the tough older horses who have been trading wins. I wouldn't throw him of the exotics but on top, no,
I think Wise Dan could win 3 or 4 races at the Breeders Cup! I really hope with the way the Classic is panning out, they give a real thought to letting him go out and win the classic! He deserves to win the Classic and will win it I believe. If he runs the Mile I will happy to, but I want everyone to see this beast put GOD back to at least a runner up!