• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 3 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 3 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 3 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 3 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 4 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 9 days ago

Wise Dan Breezes for Possible Baruch Start

In preparation for a possible start in the Grade 2 Bernard Baruch Handicap on August 30, two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan breezed through the fog on the main track Sunday morning.

The gelding earned an official time of 47.92 seconds for a half-mile under regular exercise rider Damien Rock.

"They said 47 and three, that's what the official clockers said," said trainer Charlie Lopresti. "He went out in a minute and change and they said they followed him out in [one minute and] 13 [seconds] for the three-quarters and then he went 1:26 [for seven furlongs].

"It was foggy, so I couldn't see it," Lopresti added. "But I knew he worked good because I had him in my binoculars and I was trying to find him and everywhere that I thought he would be, he was ahead of my binoculars. He's been working really well. If [Rock] had ever asked him to run, there's no telling how fast he would've gone."

Continuing the "will he or won't he" debate, Lopresti said he will enter Morton Fink's homebred champion in the Baruch but still has not ruled out a shot at a three-peat in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile on September 14.

"I would love to run in the Woodbine [Mile]. It's a million dollar 'Win and You're In' race, but he's already here and it makes no sense to go back to Kentucky and then go to Canada. Who knows? If it's an easy race [in the Baruch], maybe he'll go from here and run in Canada."

Source: NYRA