• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 3 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 4 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 4 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 7 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 9 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 10 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

Wise Dan Breezes for Possible Baruch Start

In preparation for a possible start in the Grade 2 Bernard Baruch Handicap on August 30, two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan breezed through the fog on the main track Sunday morning.

The gelding earned an official time of 47.92 seconds for a half-mile under regular exercise rider Damien Rock.

"They said 47 and three, that's what the official clockers said," said trainer Charlie Lopresti. "He went out in a minute and change and they said they followed him out in [one minute and] 13 [seconds] for the three-quarters and then he went 1:26 [for seven furlongs].

"It was foggy, so I couldn't see it," Lopresti added. "But I knew he worked good because I had him in my binoculars and I was trying to find him and everywhere that I thought he would be, he was ahead of my binoculars. He's been working really well. If [Rock] had ever asked him to run, there's no telling how fast he would've gone."

Continuing the "will he or won't he" debate, Lopresti said he will enter Morton Fink's homebred champion in the Baruch but still has not ruled out a shot at a three-peat in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile on September 14.

"I would love to run in the Woodbine [Mile]. It's a million dollar 'Win and You're In' race, but he's already here and it makes no sense to go back to Kentucky and then go to Canada. Who knows? If it's an easy race [in the Baruch], maybe he'll go from here and run in Canada."

Source: NYRA