• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 3 days ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 4 days ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 4 days ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 4 days ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 4 days ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 5 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 5 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Wise Dan Breezes for Possible Baruch Start

In preparation for a possible start in the Grade 2 Bernard Baruch Handicap on August 30, two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan breezed through the fog on the main track Sunday morning.

The gelding earned an official time of 47.92 seconds for a half-mile under regular exercise rider Damien Rock.

"They said 47 and three, that's what the official clockers said," said trainer Charlie Lopresti. "He went out in a minute and change and they said they followed him out in [one minute and] 13 [seconds] for the three-quarters and then he went 1:26 [for seven furlongs].

"It was foggy, so I couldn't see it," Lopresti added. "But I knew he worked good because I had him in my binoculars and I was trying to find him and everywhere that I thought he would be, he was ahead of my binoculars. He's been working really well. If [Rock] had ever asked him to run, there's no telling how fast he would've gone."

Continuing the "will he or won't he" debate, Lopresti said he will enter Morton Fink's homebred champion in the Baruch but still has not ruled out a shot at a three-peat in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile on September 14.

"I would love to run in the Woodbine [Mile]. It's a million dollar 'Win and You're In' race, but he's already here and it makes no sense to go back to Kentucky and then go to Canada. Who knows? If it's an easy race [in the Baruch], maybe he'll go from here and run in Canada."

Source: NYRA