• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 1 day ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 2 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 5 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 7 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 8 days ago

WinStar Farm Visit (Part II): The Training Barn

Revolutionary_La_Derby_615X400
Photo: Eclipse Sportswire

We recently visited WinStar Farm in Versailles, KY. This is my second in a 3-part blog series. In this edition, I will look at the Training Barn.

In addition to housing top class stallions, WinStar has a great training center and rehab facility.

In Part 1 of this blog series, I talked about seeing my losing Derby selections Colonel John and Pioneerof The Nile in the Stallion Barn. After visiting the studs, we hopped over to the Training Barn, and the first horse I see is my losing Kentucky Derby 2013 pick Revolutionary. C’mon WinStar, you’re torturing me!

Older Comments about WinStar Farm Visit (Part II): The Training Barn...

Nice to catch up with Revolutionary and Normandy Invasion!