• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 1 day ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 1 day ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 1 day ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 2 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 2 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 2 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 2 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 7 days ago

WinStar Farm Visit (Part II): The Training Barn

Revolutionary_La_Derby_615X400
Photo: Eclipse Sportswire

We recently visited WinStar Farm in Versailles, KY. This is my second in a 3-part blog series. In this edition, I will look at the Training Barn.

In addition to housing top class stallions, WinStar has a great training center and rehab facility.

In Part 1 of this blog series, I talked about seeing my losing Derby selections Colonel John and Pioneerof The Nile in the Stallion Barn. After visiting the studs, we hopped over to the Training Barn, and the first horse I see is my losing Kentucky Derby 2013 pick Revolutionary. C’mon WinStar, you’re torturing me!

Older Comments about WinStar Farm Visit (Part II): The Training Barn...

Nice to catch up with Revolutionary and Normandy Invasion!