• Capla Temptress (5-1) rolls home in the Natalma, while making her North American debut.Posted 4 days ago
  • Untamed Domain (3-1) kicks it in late to win the Summer Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 4 days ago
  • World Approval (2-1) shows he is much the best in the Grade 1 Woodbine Mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Patrona Margarita (23-1) draws clear in the Grade 2 Pocahontas.Posted 5 days ago
  • Uni (6-5) runs down La Coronel in the Grade 2 Sands Point.Posted 5 days ago
  • Johnny Bear (9-1) noses out Hawkbill in the Grade 1 Northern Dancer Turf.Posted 5 days ago
  • Chublicious (10-1) upsets the Grade 3 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash.Posted 5 days ago
  • The Tabulator (4-1) holds on in the Grade 3 Iroquois despite drifting out.Posted 5 days ago
  • Quidura (2-5) proves best in Grade 2 Canadian.Posted 5 days ago
  • Winx rolls late in the Colgate Optic White Stakes for her 20th straight victory!Posted 6 days ago

Willard Proctor Memorial Quotes

Hollywood Park logo.
Photo: Hollywood Park

Willard L. Proctor Memorial Stakes

46th Running

5 ½ Furlongs

Jockey Quotes

JOE TALAMO, J P'S GUSTO, Winner: "He's really good.  I worked him once for David(Hofmans) and man he can really run.  I had a lot of horse going into the turn and the reason I moved him there is that the favorite was going so easy and I wanted to get the jump on her.  When I asked him, he just exploded.  I couldn't believe the final time because the last quarter he was just pricking his ears."

JOEL ROSARIO, BELLEOFTHEBRIDLE, Second: "The other horse ran too good today.My filly,she's a nice filly, but they were going fast and she just got outrun.  She ran so big first timeout thought I made the right choice. (Rosario had ridden the first and second horses in their debuts and picked Belleofthebridle to ride in the Proctor)"

Trainer Quotes

DAVID HOFMANS, J P'S GUSTO, Winner: "A horse like this makes an old man smile.  Two year olds keep you in the game.  I thought it was great when he broke so well because we've been doing a lot of work with him.  Physically, he's a beautiful horse, smart and real classy.  Joe rode him real well.  He let the three (Leon Ayala) soften up the favorite and then he went and got her.  He can really run.  He was compromised in his first race and Rosario just kind of schooled him because he knew it was too late."

Notes: The final time of 1:02.97 was a stakes record since the Proctor was lengthened to 5 ½ furlongs in 2006. The previous best of 1:03.04 was set by Backbackbackgone in 2008…It was the first win in the race for both Talamo and Hofmans.

Older Comments about Willard Proctor Memorial Quotes...

Mr. Proctor has been a patron of the game from before the time I began following it. These people are becoming as rare as a Siberian Tiger these days and we need to find more of them.