• Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 13 hours ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 1 day ago
  • Frosted is pointing to the Breeders' Cup Classic, per his connections.Posted 3 days ago
  • Erupt (IRE) at 12-1 closes to win the $1,000,000 Pattison Canadian International (G1)Posted 6 days ago
  • Al's Gal (6-1) wins the head bob and the E. P. Taylor (G1) at WoodbinePosted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Willard Proctor Memorial Quotes

Hollywood Park logo.
Photo: Hollywood Park

Willard L. Proctor Memorial Stakes

46th Running

5 ½ Furlongs

Jockey Quotes

JOE TALAMO, J P'S GUSTO, Winner: "He's really good.  I worked him once for David(Hofmans) and man he can really run.  I had a lot of horse going into the turn and the reason I moved him there is that the favorite was going so easy and I wanted to get the jump on her.  When I asked him, he just exploded.  I couldn't believe the final time because the last quarter he was just pricking his ears."

JOEL ROSARIO, BELLEOFTHEBRIDLE, Second: "The other horse ran too good today.My filly,she's a nice filly, but they were going fast and she just got outrun.  She ran so big first timeout thought I made the right choice. (Rosario had ridden the first and second horses in their debuts and picked Belleofthebridle to ride in the Proctor)"

Trainer Quotes

DAVID HOFMANS, J P'S GUSTO, Winner: "A horse like this makes an old man smile.  Two year olds keep you in the game.  I thought it was great when he broke so well because we've been doing a lot of work with him.  Physically, he's a beautiful horse, smart and real classy.  Joe rode him real well.  He let the three (Leon Ayala) soften up the favorite and then he went and got her.  He can really run.  He was compromised in his first race and Rosario just kind of schooled him because he knew it was too late."

Notes: The final time of 1:02.97 was a stakes record since the Proctor was lengthened to 5 ½ furlongs in 2006. The previous best of 1:03.04 was set by Backbackbackgone in 2008…It was the first win in the race for both Talamo and Hofmans.

Older Comments about Willard Proctor Memorial Quotes...

Mr. Proctor has been a patron of the game from before the time I began following it. These people are becoming as rare as a Siberian Tiger these days and we need to find more of them.