• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 1 day ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 2 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 2 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 2 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 2 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 2 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 8 days ago

Will I’ll Have Another Sweep Triple Crown?

I’ll Have Another will try to become the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978 when he runs in the Belmont Stakes on Saturday, June 9.

Since Spectacular Bid in 1979, eleven 3-year-olds have won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness only to fail in their Triple Crown quest at Belmont Park.

Spectacular Bid appeared to be a slam dunk in the ’79 Belmont Stakes but received a questionable ride and finished 3rd. Pleasant Colony was also 3rd in his failed bid in 1981. Alysheba finished a disappointing 4th behind runaway winner Bet Twice in 1987. Easy Goer turned the tables on his arch rival Sunday Silence to deny history in 1989.

Touch Gold turned the tables on Silver Charm in 1997. Real Quiet moved too soon and Victory Gallop made him pay the price late in 1998. My value top Lemon Drop Kid spoiled Charismatic‘s party in 1999.

Older Comments about Will I’ll Have Another Sweep Triple Crown?...

Icy, Dullahan is the best Allowance horse I have ever seen, especially since he has won graded stakes. Or was I not to take you literally?
Would love a Triple Crown, mostly because it would pull people in to the races, (already started I like to think), plus IHA is such a strong red engine and Mario is excellent, that it just might be. Can't see Dullahan doing it, 27 in the last q good to know, that fancy inefficient leg work, so IHA and UR and anyone else can duke it out.
Dullahanis an Allowance horse at best, came the last quarter in 27. gimme a break.
I agree. Dullahan and also Union Rags are both going to make him have to fight for it.
Dullahan is lying in wait and bred to win the Belmont. Asking I'll Have Another to repeat this feat again in another 3 weeks may be asking too much. Dullahan will have had a nice 5 week rest going into the Big Sandy 1 1/2 mile monster.