• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 1 day ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 2 days ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 2 days ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 4 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 5 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in the Old Line State, my sire was a major winner, including the Belmont Stakes.

*I was ridden by only two jockeys in my career, and they shared a last name, as well as, parents.

*A winner of 41% of my career starts, I never won a race that was not a stakes race.

*My Hall of Fame conditioner also trained my multiple stakes winning half-brother.

*After losing a stretch battle with a future Kentucky Derby winner by a nose, I was a stakes winner only once more.

*My first stakes win came at a Maryland track that no longer hosts live racing.

*I didn't win as many stakes races as my older brother, but I was close.

*Owned by my breeder, my final stakes win was a seven length romp at Hialeah Park.

*I was a stakes winner at six different distances, but only defeated a single horse on the grass.

*40% of my career defeats came by the margin of a head or less.

*My record at Saratoga was perfect in two starts, including a grade one win.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Creative Cause.
Was that CC Chief's Crown?
Last one I had was CC back when he retired. Clues were like gray colt Mary Z. likes, Third letter of the alphabet twice. Came close a couple of times since then. Come on guys, play. And there's a Who Am I? every Wednesday night.
Well???? I thought I had a shot, since Mary Z. was bowing out of the competition. But, then, there was no Who Am I?. Oh, well, back to the peanut gallery.
Drop from Stakes to Allowance company...I'm in...
I must miss Who Am I tonight :( GL to all playing. It's very fun--try it !!
Tonight's Who Am I ??? will only be a 6.7 out of 10 on the difficulty scale.
That's right, CauseforConcern.
Were the jockeys Sam and Eddie Maple?
Interesting side note from this Who Am I ??? ... Smart Angle and her half-brother, Smarten, teamed up to win 12 stakes in 1979 for Ryehill Farm and Woody Stephens.
Yes, the combination of MD bred and last stakes win at Hialeah zoomed me in.
  • zatt · I will never forget the great battle between Smart Angle and Genuine Risk in the Demoiselle ... Congrats again, Matt! · 1275 days ago
Not sure if anyone else was, Mary ... Matt seems to be good at nailing down the time frame which helps him solve the puzzle. Is that how you did it tonight, Matt?
Congrats, Andy/Matt. I was no where near that answer.
I needed Who Am I ??? to get me out of the winter blahs.
Smart Angle
Fabius
Game over ... One guess is all the many-time champion, Matt Shifman needed to get the 1979 Juvenile Filly Champion!