• Hoppertunity nips Imperative by a San Antonio head-bob.Posted 10 hours ago
  • In her seasonal debut, Songbird is a dominant winner of the Las Virgenes at Santa Anita.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Lukes Alley kicks it in late to win the Grade 1 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Mor Spirit cruises late to win the Robert B. Lewis at Santa Anita.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Aussie-bred Power Alert gets there first in the GP Turf Sprint.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Tommy Macho runs away with the Fred Hooper at Gulfsrtream Park.Posted 15 hours ago
  • No catching Tammy the Torpedo in the turfy Suwannee River.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Lady Shipman (1-5) is an easy winner in the Lady's Turf Sprint at Gulfstream.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Cadet Roni relishes the slop in the Wishing Well at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Flora Dora gets to the wire first in the Big A's Busanda.Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred outside of the United States, I split my racing career almost perfectly in half between Europe and the U.S.

*My first three races in America took place among the pink flamingos of Hialeah Park.

*My racing career reached a fifth season, but only just barely.

*You could not call me a two-surface star as both of my attempts on dirt resulted in off the board finishes.

*My wealthy owner has bred a Kentucky Derby winner and married a supermodel.

*By far my most successful partnership came with a Kentucky jockey in his forties.

*My biggest claim to fame, and eight race win streak, was halted in the Man O' War.

*In the money 75% of the time, I was rewarded with championship honors for the third of my five seasons.

*My most important wins came at Atlantic City, Belmont Park, and Saratoga.

*A race named in my honor is still a fixture on the NYRA stakes schedule.

*My final race in Europe came in a classic at Epsom Downs; in America, it came in a stakes win at Calder.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Well now you have to play next week to try to defend your crown ... congrats again, Footlick!
She was a wonderful horse. Nice memories of her races.
Congrats Mary Z and Greg!
thx. I don;t try these too often. Just beginner's luck. I almost didn't say it because he was a co-owner, but took a shot anyway.
It's all yours, footy, but thanks.
Congratulations to footy !!! I got Just A Game because she placed in the Man O War, and the rest checked out. I knew that she had a NY stakes named for her.
The old supermodel angle ... well played, Footlick ... and Mary, and Greg!
Mary Z- I'm sure we thought of it at the same time, so I can share this with you!
I knew it had to be Peter Brandt because of the supermodel reference. She was the only turfer of his that I could think of.
LOL ... it does not get much closer than that!
Just A Game
I whispered in his ear, Brian.
Oh well, one minute late!
How did you nail this one down, Footlick?
I was going for simultaneous LOL.
Footlick by a nose ... Just A Game is correct!
Just a Game
great minds think alike Mary Z! Love you too
footy, I still love you :)
Sky Classic is also incorrect.