• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 17 hours ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 20 hours ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 1 day ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 1 day ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred outside of the United States, I split my racing career almost perfectly in half between Europe and the U.S.

*My first three races in America took place among the pink flamingos of Hialeah Park.

*My racing career reached a fifth season, but only just barely.

*You could not call me a two-surface star as both of my attempts on dirt resulted in off the board finishes.

*My wealthy owner has bred a Kentucky Derby winner and married a supermodel.

*By far my most successful partnership came with a Kentucky jockey in his forties.

*My biggest claim to fame, and eight race win streak, was halted in the Man O' War.

*In the money 75% of the time, I was rewarded with championship honors for the third of my five seasons.

*My most important wins came at Atlantic City, Belmont Park, and Saratoga.

*A race named in my honor is still a fixture on the NYRA stakes schedule.

*My final race in Europe came in a classic at Epsom Downs; in America, it came in a stakes win at Calder.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Well now you have to play next week to try to defend your crown ... congrats again, Footlick!
She was a wonderful horse. Nice memories of her races.
Congrats Mary Z and Greg!
thx. I don;t try these too often. Just beginner's luck. I almost didn't say it because he was a co-owner, but took a shot anyway.
It's all yours, footy, but thanks.
Congratulations to footy !!! I got Just A Game because she placed in the Man O War, and the rest checked out. I knew that she had a NY stakes named for her.
The old supermodel angle ... well played, Footlick ... and Mary, and Greg!
Mary Z- I'm sure we thought of it at the same time, so I can share this with you!
I knew it had to be Peter Brandt because of the supermodel reference. She was the only turfer of his that I could think of.
LOL ... it does not get much closer than that!
Just A Game
I whispered in his ear, Brian.
Oh well, one minute late!
How did you nail this one down, Footlick?
I was going for simultaneous LOL.
Footlick by a nose ... Just A Game is correct!
Just a Game
great minds think alike Mary Z! Love you too
footy, I still love you :)
Sky Classic is also incorrect.