• Disco Partner (5-2) rolls last to first to win the Elusive Quality on the Belmont lawn.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Battalion Runner and Malagacy will NOT run in the Kentucky Derby, per Todd Pletcher.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Thunder Snow confirmed for the Kentucky Derby by Godolphin.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Quiet Business (16-1) powers home to win the Bewitch at Keeneland.Posted 1 day ago
  • Celtic Chaos (7-1) gets up on the wire to win the Affirmed Success.Posted 1 day ago
  • Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 2 days ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 6 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 6 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 7 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 7 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*I was a Kentucky homebred, but my sire, and his sire, and his sire, were all bred in France.

*I loved a distance and retired having won all but one of my eight career starts when I got to tackle two-turns.

*My trainer was the son of a Hall of Famer, while my owner/breeder was a member of American racing royalty.

*My first two wins came at Hialeah Park and were by an average of nearly nine lengths.

*All of my riders, there were only two, are members of the Hall of Fame.

*That only loss at two-turns came in Belmont Park's Jockey Club Gold Cup.

*My biggest rival was a fleet New York-bred who once set the pace in the Kentucky Derby.

*All of my races took place at only four tracks, and I was a graded stakes winner at each.

*I was retired healthy after winning a grade 1 stakes race in February.

*I lived a long life, finally passing away just a few weeks short of my 30th birthday.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

How did you come up with the 1982 3yo filly champion, Christmas Past?
  • travismorris82 · my first thought was what are the big stakes races in February? i somehow ended up looking at past winners of the Santa Anita Handicap (which obviously is held in March)... noticed the sire of the 1978 Big Cap winner Vigors was Grey Dawn who was French bred. So with a internet search (sorry if thats cheating!) i looked up Grey Dawn's most successful offspring and found Christmas Past · 1564 days ago
Congrats to Travis.
Welcome to HRN and nice job, Travis! Broke your maiden out first try!
Two weeks in a row with a first-time winner ... Love it! Congrats, Travis!
Christmas Past!
I always think it's a male.
Ugh, I was there!!! Nice job, Travis.
Travis Morris ... you are a winner!
Sorry, it is not Majesty's Prince.
No, not Fabius.