• Family Tree game down the lane in winning the Iowa Oaks.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 5 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*I was a Kentucky homebred, but my sire, and his sire, and his sire, were all bred in France.

*I loved a distance and retired having won all but one of my eight career starts when I got to tackle two-turns.

*My trainer was the son of a Hall of Famer, while my owner/breeder was a member of American racing royalty.

*My first two wins came at Hialeah Park and were by an average of nearly nine lengths.

*All of my riders, there were only two, are members of the Hall of Fame.

*That only loss at two-turns came in Belmont Park's Jockey Club Gold Cup.

*My biggest rival was a fleet New York-bred who once set the pace in the Kentucky Derby.

*All of my races took place at only four tracks, and I was a graded stakes winner at each.

*I was retired healthy after winning a grade 1 stakes race in February.

*I lived a long life, finally passing away just a few weeks short of my 30th birthday.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

How did you come up with the 1982 3yo filly champion, Christmas Past?
  • travismorris82 · my first thought was what are the big stakes races in February? i somehow ended up looking at past winners of the Santa Anita Handicap (which obviously is held in March)... noticed the sire of the 1978 Big Cap winner Vigors was Grey Dawn who was French bred. So with a internet search (sorry if thats cheating!) i looked up Grey Dawn's most successful offspring and found Christmas Past · 1261 days ago
Congrats to Travis.
Welcome to HRN and nice job, Travis! Broke your maiden out first try!
Two weeks in a row with a first-time winner ... Love it! Congrats, Travis!
Christmas Past!
I always think it's a male.
Ugh, I was there!!! Nice job, Travis.
Travis Morris ... you are a winner!
Sorry, it is not Majesty's Prince.
No, not Fabius.