• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 2 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 2 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 2 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 2 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 2 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 8 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in the great state of Kentucky, I was the finest son of an American champion.

*I earned more than a million dollars back in a day when it really meant something special.

*A winner of 57% of my races, I was a multiple stakes winner in each of my three seasons on the track.

*I was beaten by more than 15 lengths in my career debut, but came right back to win my next race at Belmont by more than 5.

*I won my first stakes race at Saratoga and my last at Aqueduct, with stakes victories at eight other tracks in between.

*My richest stakes victory came in the Garden State.

*In my only start west of the Mississippi, I was a stakes winner at Hollywood Park.

*I was not the first champion for my foreign born trainer, nor was I his last.

*In my two starts in front of the flamingos, I won one stakes race easily, and finished out of the money in the slop in the other.

*I won races at ten different distances and broke track records at a few of the longer distances on that list.

*No, I've never personally been to any mountains in Italy.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

And here's another question, players ... what do I and the great Riva Ridge have in common?
  • zatt · Just the 1969 portion ... Riva Ridge was a few months older than me. · 1272 days ago
  • ErnieMunick · You both have two jewels (wife, daughter). · 1271 days ago
Riva Ridge who always ran out of the money in the slop. Hated a wet track.
Bold Forbes.
LOL
Your richest racetrack payday was in NJ?
Close ... a birth year. 1969!
zatt... a birthday??
Congrats Greg!
Thanks Brian. I wrote a paper back in school on Meadow Stable and the clue of 57% did it for me, then every clue fit right into place including mountains in Italy clue, where John Tweedy namied Riva Ridge after victory there by Army in 1945.
I was thinking Riva Ridge, but for some reason I thought he finished second in the Hollywood Derby.
Welcome back to the winner's circle, Greg ... how were you the first to know that the answer to tonight's puzzle was the two-time champion, Riva Ridge?
Always a step behind... OK three steps this time!
can
the last hint gave it away!
Riva Ridge
Riva Ridge?
Yeah, I think It's Riva Ridge too.
My favorite silks of Meadow Stable!
Riva Ridge it is ... first guess is a winner!
Is everyone watching the football game?