• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 2 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 3 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 7 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 9 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 10 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*I was bred in Florida, the same state in which I raced more than 40 times.

*A bargain yearling purchase at Ocala, I earned more than 150 times my purchase price on the track.

*A winner of 38% of my races, I won 15 stakes races during my eight-year career.

*I won my first two stakes at Calder, but my next seven stakes wins either came at Tampa Bay Downs or Hialeah.

*Besides Florida, I also did well in New York with five stakes wins, although my final race there was a poor finish in the Kelso Handicap.

*My final career race came in a five furlong turf race at Tampa Bay Downs.

*I raced at nine racetracks overall, but none of them are west of Louisiana Downs.

*Once favored in a Breeders' Cup race, I ended up losing by 2 ½ lengths.

*I was the most successful horse for my owner, and also his son, who was my trainer.

*My longest career winning streak spanned four races and took place at three different tracks in New York.

*I was a chestnut like my sire, but of course, never got the chance to be a sire myself.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Who was it?
Also a Florida-bred of the Year ... You won a tough one ... congrats, Champ!
You didn't mention that he was a champion and that threw me off a bit.
So many readers, and so few guesses ... was this one too hard?
I was getting there...I was researching the Sprint races. I was at 2004 and heading backwards! Lol!! Nice work, Matt!
Wow, this was a Marathon! Florida has had 306 starters in the Breeders' Cup. It seemed like it had to be a sprinter.
Wow I even forgot he was sprint champion, but remember breifly when he raced and was a New York horse who was favored in the only Breeders Cup race Da Hoss finished absolutely horrible in!
I just though of that. Nice job Matt
Pancho Villa is incorrect, but many of you will be surprised that tonight's answer is indeed the 1995 Sprint Champion, Not Surprising ... Well done, Matt!
Pancho Villa
Not Surprising
Sorry, it is not Precisionist.
Lost in the Fog is also incorrect.
Precisionist...
Lost in the Fog
No, not Quiet Resolve, nor is it Prescious Passion.
Prescious Passion
Quiet Resolve
Sorry, it is not Indian Skimmer.
Indian Skimmer