• Abel Tasman (12-1) gets up in time to beat American Gal in the Grade 1 Starlet.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Mastery (1-5) shrugs off his competition in the Grade 1 Los Alamitos CashCall Futurity.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Party Boat (5-2) gets her head down to win the Wait a While.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Fact Finding (8-5) draws clear of the Smooth Air field and keeps a perfect record.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Lovable Lady (12-1) blasts away in the Willa On the Move Stakes.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Paulassilverlining (1-9) makes easy work of the Garland of Roses field.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Sonic Mule (3-1) keeps the wins for Todd Pletcher rolling in the Buffalo Man.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Tapwrit (3-2) holds off stablemate Master Plan to win the Pulpit.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Lirica (5-2) finds a clear path to take the Hut Hut Stakes.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Bode's Dream (5-2) returns victorious in the House Party to remain undefeated.Posted 18 hours ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*I was bred in Florida, the same state in which I raced more than 40 times.

*A bargain yearling purchase at Ocala, I earned more than 150 times my purchase price on the track.

*A winner of 38% of my races, I won 15 stakes races during my eight-year career.

*I won my first two stakes at Calder, but my next seven stakes wins either came at Tampa Bay Downs or Hialeah.

*Besides Florida, I also did well in New York with five stakes wins, although my final race there was a poor finish in the Kelso Handicap.

*My final career race came in a five furlong turf race at Tampa Bay Downs.

*I raced at nine racetracks overall, but none of them are west of Louisiana Downs.

*Once favored in a Breeders' Cup race, I ended up losing by 2 ½ lengths.

*I was the most successful horse for my owner, and also his son, who was my trainer.

*My longest career winning streak spanned four races and took place at three different tracks in New York.

*I was a chestnut like my sire, but of course, never got the chance to be a sire myself.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Who was it?
Also a Florida-bred of the Year ... You won a tough one ... congrats, Champ!
You didn't mention that he was a champion and that threw me off a bit.
So many readers, and so few guesses ... was this one too hard?
I was getting there...I was researching the Sprint races. I was at 2004 and heading backwards! Lol!! Nice work, Matt!
Wow, this was a Marathon! Florida has had 306 starters in the Breeders' Cup. It seemed like it had to be a sprinter.
Wow I even forgot he was sprint champion, but remember breifly when he raced and was a New York horse who was favored in the only Breeders Cup race Da Hoss finished absolutely horrible in!
I just though of that. Nice job Matt
Pancho Villa is incorrect, but many of you will be surprised that tonight's answer is indeed the 1995 Sprint Champion, Not Surprising ... Well done, Matt!
Pancho Villa
Not Surprising
Sorry, it is not Precisionist.
Lost in the Fog is also incorrect.
Precisionist...
Lost in the Fog
No, not Quiet Resolve, nor is it Prescious Passion.
Prescious Passion
Quiet Resolve
Sorry, it is not Indian Skimmer.
Indian Skimmer