• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 8 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 11 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 6 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*I was bred in Florida, the same state in which I raced more than 40 times.

*A bargain yearling purchase at Ocala, I earned more than 150 times my purchase price on the track.

*A winner of 38% of my races, I won 15 stakes races during my eight-year career.

*I won my first two stakes at Calder, but my next seven stakes wins either came at Tampa Bay Downs or Hialeah.

*Besides Florida, I also did well in New York with five stakes wins, although my final race there was a poor finish in the Kelso Handicap.

*My final career race came in a five furlong turf race at Tampa Bay Downs.

*I raced at nine racetracks overall, but none of them are west of Louisiana Downs.

*Once favored in a Breeders' Cup race, I ended up losing by 2 ½ lengths.

*I was the most successful horse for my owner, and also his son, who was my trainer.

*My longest career winning streak spanned four races and took place at three different tracks in New York.

*I was a chestnut like my sire, but of course, never got the chance to be a sire myself.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Who was it?
Also a Florida-bred of the Year ... You won a tough one ... congrats, Champ!
You didn't mention that he was a champion and that threw me off a bit.
So many readers, and so few guesses ... was this one too hard?
I was getting there...I was researching the Sprint races. I was at 2004 and heading backwards! Lol!! Nice work, Matt!
Wow, this was a Marathon! Florida has had 306 starters in the Breeders' Cup. It seemed like it had to be a sprinter.
Wow I even forgot he was sprint champion, but remember breifly when he raced and was a New York horse who was favored in the only Breeders Cup race Da Hoss finished absolutely horrible in!
I just though of that. Nice job Matt
Pancho Villa is incorrect, but many of you will be surprised that tonight's answer is indeed the 1995 Sprint Champion, Not Surprising ... Well done, Matt!
Pancho Villa
Not Surprising
Sorry, it is not Precisionist.
Lost in the Fog is also incorrect.
Precisionist...
Lost in the Fog
No, not Quiet Resolve, nor is it Prescious Passion.
Prescious Passion
Quiet Resolve
Sorry, it is not Indian Skimmer.
Indian Skimmer