• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 19 hours ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 19 hours ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 22 hours ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 1 day ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 1 day ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*A Kentucky homebred, I became a very influential sire with champions on both sides of the Atlantic.

*My Hall of Fame trainer was also a prominent member of my owner/breeder team.

*I lost my first five career races, but I made up for it by winning six of my last seven.

*A seven-time stakes winner, I never raced farther than seven furlongs.

*My career began at Santa Anita, and after 16 races in between, ended at Atlantic City.

*The jockey that rode me in each of my last ten races was a Hall of Famer from Oklahoma.

*Not that you could see me on the backstretch, but I broke my maiden at Aqueduct in impressive style.

*My two richest victories both came in the state of New Jersey.

*In my penultimate start, I set a track record in what is now a grade one race at Saratoga.

*I went 0-for-3 with the Shoe in the saddle.

*One of my best known sons made his mark as a Kentucky Derby sire.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

One hour until Who Am I ??? post time!
And thanks, this was a good way to end my 22nd.
Good question, I haven't kept track, lol
Getting Hirsch Jacobs was the key ... well done once again, Steve! How many is that for you now?
I figured it was a Hirsch Jacobs horse he had quite a few nice horses he or family bred and owned back in the day. Also winning what is now a grade 1 at Saratoga made me think of the Hopeful.
Nice one, Steve!
How did you get the 1960 2yo champion, Hail to Reason so fast, Steve?
Bet Twice
Another one bites the dust thanks to the quick draw of Steve Herron ... Hail to Reason it is!
Hail To Reason
Technology is also incorrect.
Technology
Sorry, it is not Came Home.
Came Home