• Abel Tasman (12-1) gets up in time to beat American Gal in the Grade 1 Starlet.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Mastery (1-5) shrugs off his competition in the Grade 1 Los Alamitos CashCall Futurity.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Party Boat (5-2) gets her head down to win the Wait a While.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Fact Finding (8-5) draws clear of the Smooth Air field and keeps a perfect record.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Lovable Lady (12-1) blasts away in the Willa On the Move Stakes.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Paulassilverlining (1-9) makes easy work of the Garland of Roses field.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Sonic Mule (3-1) keeps the wins for Todd Pletcher rolling in the Buffalo Man.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Tapwrit (3-2) holds off stablemate Master Plan to win the Pulpit.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Lirica (5-2) finds a clear path to take the Hut Hut Stakes.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Bode's Dream (5-2) returns victorious in the House Party to remain undefeated.Posted 7 hours ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*A Kentucky homebred, I became a very influential sire with champions on both sides of the Atlantic.

*My Hall of Fame trainer was also a prominent member of my owner/breeder team.

*I lost my first five career races, but I made up for it by winning six of my last seven.

*A seven-time stakes winner, I never raced farther than seven furlongs.

*My career began at Santa Anita, and after 16 races in between, ended at Atlantic City.

*The jockey that rode me in each of my last ten races was a Hall of Famer from Oklahoma.

*Not that you could see me on the backstretch, but I broke my maiden at Aqueduct in impressive style.

*My two richest victories both came in the state of New Jersey.

*In my penultimate start, I set a track record in what is now a grade one race at Saratoga.

*I went 0-for-3 with the Shoe in the saddle.

*One of my best known sons made his mark as a Kentucky Derby sire.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

One hour until Who Am I ??? post time!
And thanks, this was a good way to end my 22nd.
Good question, I haven't kept track, lol
Getting Hirsch Jacobs was the key ... well done once again, Steve! How many is that for you now?
I figured it was a Hirsch Jacobs horse he had quite a few nice horses he or family bred and owned back in the day. Also winning what is now a grade 1 at Saratoga made me think of the Hopeful.
Nice one, Steve!
How did you get the 1960 2yo champion, Hail to Reason so fast, Steve?
Bet Twice
Another one bites the dust thanks to the quick draw of Steve Herron ... Hail to Reason it is!
Hail To Reason
Technology is also incorrect.
Technology
Sorry, it is not Came Home.
Came Home