• Secretariat winner Highland Reel goes all the way in the Group 1 King George.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Heavily favored Enola Gray makes short work of her competition in the Fleet Treat.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Ancient Secret takes the Lake George (G2).Posted 19 hours ago
  • Sweet Loretta the strong winner of the Schuylerville (G3).Posted 20 hours ago
  • Pretty N Cool flaunts her class in the C.E.R.F. Stakes at Del Mar.Posted 2 days ago
  • Superstar turf horse, Postponed will not defend in Saturday's King George due to respiratory infection.Posted 3 days ago
  • Midnight Storm proves too tough to pass in the Grade 2 Eddie Read.Posted 5 days ago
  • Barleysugar (10-1) makes short work of the Sandy Blue in her U.S. debut.Posted 5 days ago
  • Miss Freeze (8-1) ices her competition with a debut win in the Lynbrook Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • There's no catching Midnight Miley (27-1) in the Ontario Matron.Posted 5 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*A Kentucky homebred, I became a very influential sire with champions on both sides of the Atlantic.

*My Hall of Fame trainer was also a prominent member of my owner/breeder team.

*I lost my first five career races, but I made up for it by winning six of my last seven.

*A seven-time stakes winner, I never raced farther than seven furlongs.

*My career began at Santa Anita, and after 16 races in between, ended at Atlantic City.

*The jockey that rode me in each of my last ten races was a Hall of Famer from Oklahoma.

*Not that you could see me on the backstretch, but I broke my maiden at Aqueduct in impressive style.

*My two richest victories both came in the state of New Jersey.

*In my penultimate start, I set a track record in what is now a grade one race at Saratoga.

*I went 0-for-3 with the Shoe in the saddle.

*One of my best known sons made his mark as a Kentucky Derby sire.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

One hour until Who Am I ??? post time!
And thanks, this was a good way to end my 22nd.
Good question, I haven't kept track, lol
Getting Hirsch Jacobs was the key ... well done once again, Steve! How many is that for you now?
I figured it was a Hirsch Jacobs horse he had quite a few nice horses he or family bred and owned back in the day. Also winning what is now a grade 1 at Saratoga made me think of the Hopeful.
Nice one, Steve!
How did you get the 1960 2yo champion, Hail to Reason so fast, Steve?
Bet Twice
Another one bites the dust thanks to the quick draw of Steve Herron ... Hail to Reason it is!
Hail To Reason
Technology is also incorrect.
Technology
Sorry, it is not Came Home.
Came Home