• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 2 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 2 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 3 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 4 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 7 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 9 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 10 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*A Kentucky homebred, I became a very influential sire with champions on both sides of the Atlantic.

*My Hall of Fame trainer was also a prominent member of my owner/breeder team.

*I lost my first five career races, but I made up for it by winning six of my last seven.

*A seven-time stakes winner, I never raced farther than seven furlongs.

*My career began at Santa Anita, and after 16 races in between, ended at Atlantic City.

*The jockey that rode me in each of my last ten races was a Hall of Famer from Oklahoma.

*Not that you could see me on the backstretch, but I broke my maiden at Aqueduct in impressive style.

*My two richest victories both came in the state of New Jersey.

*In my penultimate start, I set a track record in what is now a grade one race at Saratoga.

*I went 0-for-3 with the Shoe in the saddle.

*One of my best known sons made his mark as a Kentucky Derby sire.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

One hour until Who Am I ??? post time!
And thanks, this was a good way to end my 22nd.
Good question, I haven't kept track, lol
Getting Hirsch Jacobs was the key ... well done once again, Steve! How many is that for you now?
I figured it was a Hirsch Jacobs horse he had quite a few nice horses he or family bred and owned back in the day. Also winning what is now a grade 1 at Saratoga made me think of the Hopeful.
Nice one, Steve!
How did you get the 1960 2yo champion, Hail to Reason so fast, Steve?
Bet Twice
Another one bites the dust thanks to the quick draw of Steve Herron ... Hail to Reason it is!
Hail To Reason
Technology is also incorrect.
Technology
Sorry, it is not Came Home.
Came Home