• ZATT's Star of the Week, is ... Winx!Posted 15 hours ago
  • Elektrum (5-2) gets up in the final jump to win the Grade 3 Dowager at Keeneland.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Roca Rojo (4-1) storms home to romp in Belmont's Athenia.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Lightstream (2-1) rolls late to pass Malibu Stacy for the Raven Run win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Royal Posse (5-2) likes the off going and upsets Governor Malibu in the Empire Classic.Posted 1 day ago
  • Bar of Gold (4-5) wins the Empire Distaff by a country mile.Posted 1 day ago
  • Pat On The Back (20-1) puts them to sleep in a sloppy Sleepy Hollow.Posted 1 day ago
  • 2001 Kentucky Derby winner, Monarchos has passed away at the age of 18.Posted 1 day ago
  • Winx absolutely dominant in winning a second Cox Plate.Posted 2 days ago
  • Quidura (7-2) scores another graded stakes win at Keeneland for Graham Motion.Posted 2 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*A Kentucky homebred, I became a very influential sire with champions on both sides of the Atlantic.

*My Hall of Fame trainer was also a prominent member of my owner/breeder team.

*I lost my first five career races, but I made up for it by winning six of my last seven.

*A seven-time stakes winner, I never raced farther than seven furlongs.

*My career began at Santa Anita, and after 16 races in between, ended at Atlantic City.

*The jockey that rode me in each of my last ten races was a Hall of Famer from Oklahoma.

*Not that you could see me on the backstretch, but I broke my maiden at Aqueduct in impressive style.

*My two richest victories both came in the state of New Jersey.

*In my penultimate start, I set a track record in what is now a grade one race at Saratoga.

*I went 0-for-3 with the Shoe in the saddle.

*One of my best known sons made his mark as a Kentucky Derby sire.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

One hour until Who Am I ??? post time!
And thanks, this was a good way to end my 22nd.
Good question, I haven't kept track, lol
Getting Hirsch Jacobs was the key ... well done once again, Steve! How many is that for you now?
I figured it was a Hirsch Jacobs horse he had quite a few nice horses he or family bred and owned back in the day. Also winning what is now a grade 1 at Saratoga made me think of the Hopeful.
Nice one, Steve!
How did you get the 1960 2yo champion, Hail to Reason so fast, Steve?
Bet Twice
Another one bites the dust thanks to the quick draw of Steve Herron ... Hail to Reason it is!
Hail To Reason
Technology is also incorrect.
Sorry, it is not Came Home.
Came Home