• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 3 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 3 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 3 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 3 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 3 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 4 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 9 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Knowing the name of my dam is the key to knowing in which state I was bred.

*My connections were especially hopeful of my prospects after my third lifetime start.

*I wasn't the first big winner for my well known trainer, who was also famous as a rider.

*A winner of better than 80% of my races, I was favored in more than 90% of them.

*My debut came in a stakes race; as a matter of fact, my first five career races were all stake wins.

*Racing only on the dirt, I won at distances ranging from 5 ½ furlongs to 1 ¼ miles.

*My most important victory came in the only race I ever ran outside of New York.

*I was a strong contributor to my sire's national ranking during my first two years of racing.

*My defeat in the Brooklyn may have been avoided if I was asked for more.

*I hold a special distinction that only two other horses have since joined.

*My first three career races came at Saratoga, the final three were at Aqueduct.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Regret
yes that what i meant about the fillies winning the Kentucky Derby....but i had found the Hopeful one first before i went back and read all the clues again!
Dang, I Regret that I'm too late
Ha! The Hopeful yes, but ... I was referring to a filly winning the Derby with thatspecial distinction that 2 horses have since joined clue, but still ... well done, Bill!
Jockey objection.....I was squeezed at the gate
The 2 hints special distinction that 2 horses have since joined and the hopeful after 3rd start...so see who swept the 2 yo series in Saratoga...thank you Brian
Bold Lad
I wasn't even in the right half of last century. Good job, William Mc Cabe !
same for me. no idea why it repeated it so many times.....
Close!!! But Bill was first ... how did you get it, Bill?
sorry for the multiple posts...wonky browser
Regret
I regret to inform all the other players ... tonight's game is over. Bill McCabe knew it was the great Regret!
regret
Bold Venture
Bold Lad
Evening Attire is my husband's guess
Regret