• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 1 day ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 2 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 3 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 3 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 3 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 3 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 3 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 3 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Knowing the name of my dam is the key to knowing in which state I was bred.

*My connections were especially hopeful of my prospects after my third lifetime start.

*I wasn't the first big winner for my well known trainer, who was also famous as a rider.

*A winner of better than 80% of my races, I was favored in more than 90% of them.

*My debut came in a stakes race; as a matter of fact, my first five career races were all stake wins.

*Racing only on the dirt, I won at distances ranging from 5 ½ furlongs to 1 ¼ miles.

*My most important victory came in the only race I ever ran outside of New York.

*I was a strong contributor to my sire's national ranking during my first two years of racing.

*My defeat in the Brooklyn may have been avoided if I was asked for more.

*I hold a special distinction that only two other horses have since joined.

*My first three career races came at Saratoga, the final three were at Aqueduct.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Regret
yes that what i meant about the fillies winning the Kentucky Derby....but i had found the Hopeful one first before i went back and read all the clues again!
Dang, I Regret that I'm too late
Ha! The Hopeful yes, but ... I was referring to a filly winning the Derby with thatspecial distinction that 2 horses have since joined clue, but still ... well done, Bill!
Jockey objection.....I was squeezed at the gate
The 2 hints special distinction that 2 horses have since joined and the hopeful after 3rd start...so see who swept the 2 yo series in Saratoga...thank you Brian
Bold Lad
I wasn't even in the right half of last century. Good job, William Mc Cabe !
same for me. no idea why it repeated it so many times.....
Close!!! But Bill was first ... how did you get it, Bill?
sorry for the multiple posts...wonky browser
Regret
I regret to inform all the other players ... tonight's game is over. Bill McCabe knew it was the great Regret!
regret
Bold Venture
Bold Lad
Evening Attire is my husband's guess
Regret