• Disco Partner (5-2) rolls last to first to win the Elusive Quality on the Belmont lawn.Posted 1 day ago
  • Battalion Runner and Malagacy will NOT run in the Kentucky Derby, per Todd Pletcher.Posted 1 day ago
  • Thunder Snow confirmed for the Kentucky Derby by Godolphin.Posted 1 day ago
  • Quiet Business (16-1) powers home to win the Bewitch at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Celtic Chaos (7-1) gets up on the wire to win the Affirmed Success.Posted 2 days ago
  • Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 3 days ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 7 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 7 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 8 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 8 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in the great state of Kentucky, I was foaled at one of America's most legendary farms.

*I wasn't the first big winner for my famous trainer, but I came before most of his best known runners.

*A winner of 57% of my races, I also finished in the money in 91% over my two-year racing career.

*I tried turf three times without a win, including an in the money finish in the Long Island Handicap.

*All of my riders, there were only two, are members of the Hall of Fame.

*My final career win came in a stakes race in the state of Massachusetts.

*I narrowly missed stakes wins in New Jersey and Illinois before winning my first three stakes in New York, in consecutive races.

*Yes, I raced in early May at Churchill Downs, finishing second in an important stakes race at odds of 3-1.

*In my two starts at Hialeah, I won by an average of nearly ten lengths.

*Perhaps you've visited the museum that shares a name with my owner and breeder.

*Despite never having won on turf, my offspring demonstrated a strong affinity for the grass.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

This one was pretty tough, Brian. His final win at Suffolk (always found it a kinda ironic that a racetrack in Boston would have a race called the Yankee Handicap) and his three tries on turf, plus his stud career and being trained by Woody Stevens early in his career helped me narrow the year range, where I looked for horses who finished second in the Kentucky Derby. Again, that was pretty hard Brian, you've definitely stepped up your game!
24 minutes I'll never get back arghhhhhhhh - HARRRRRRRD
No, he was a male.
Is it a girl?
Never Bend
Yes he did ... what gave it to you, Steve?
Too quick--your back, Brian, lol.
SH is right. Right?
It is not Phalanx, nor Terpsichorist, but ... it is Never Bend! Well done, Steve
Terpsichorist
Phalanx
It is not Buckpasser.
Buckpasser
Dancing Champ is incorrect!
Dancing Champ
No to Gallant Man, Hail to Reason, and Chompion.
Chompion