• In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 13 hours ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 3 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 4 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 5 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 5 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 5 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 5 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 5 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in the great state of Kentucky, I was foaled at one of America's most legendary farms.

*I wasn't the first big winner for my famous trainer, but I came before most of his best known runners.

*A winner of 57% of my races, I also finished in the money in 91% over my two-year racing career.

*I tried turf three times without a win, including an in the money finish in the Long Island Handicap.

*All of my riders, there were only two, are members of the Hall of Fame.

*My final career win came in a stakes race in the state of Massachusetts.

*I narrowly missed stakes wins in New Jersey and Illinois before winning my first three stakes in New York, in consecutive races.

*Yes, I raced in early May at Churchill Downs, finishing second in an important stakes race at odds of 3-1.

*In my two starts at Hialeah, I won by an average of nearly ten lengths.

*Perhaps you've visited the museum that shares a name with my owner and breeder.

*Despite never having won on turf, my offspring demonstrated a strong affinity for the grass.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

This one was pretty tough, Brian. His final win at Suffolk (always found it a kinda ironic that a racetrack in Boston would have a race called the Yankee Handicap) and his three tries on turf, plus his stud career and being trained by Woody Stevens early in his career helped me narrow the year range, where I looked for horses who finished second in the Kentucky Derby. Again, that was pretty hard Brian, you've definitely stepped up your game!
24 minutes I'll never get back arghhhhhhhh - HARRRRRRRD
No, he was a male.
Is it a girl?
Never Bend
Yes he did ... what gave it to you, Steve?
Too quick--your back, Brian, lol.
SH is right. Right?
It is not Phalanx, nor Terpsichorist, but ... it is Never Bend! Well done, Steve
Terpsichorist
Phalanx
It is not Buckpasser.
Buckpasser
Dancing Champ is incorrect!
Dancing Champ
No to Gallant Man, Hail to Reason, and Chompion.
Chompion