• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 9 hours ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 12 hours ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 1 day ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 3 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 3 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 4 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred west of the Mississippi, I was a four-time champion in my home state.

*A winner of 41% of my career races, I was defeated by the same horse a handful of times.

*Current runner Optimizer and I have one interesting thing in common, although I did it much better.

*Affirmed and I were the only ones to pull off a unique double in nearly 50 years.

*How many other topnotch horses do you know that broke their maiden at Fairplex Park?

*I was based primarily in California, but I ran in seven grade 1 races east of the Mississippi.

*My only career race under the famed twin spires resulted in a 3rd place finish.

*A graded stakes winner in each of my four seasons on the racetrack, my final career race came in the state of Maryland.

*Despite my name, I never once imbibed in the British Isles.

*In color, I was much like my broodmare sire, but far different than him in running style.

*My career as a sire was cut short by a tragic accident.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

That race was a personal favorite mine of mine, thanks Keith.
God Bless You
Affirmed and Free House are the only winners of both the Santa Anita Derby and Santa Anita Handicap of my lifetime.
Ahh, being an Englishman was helpful then ... The Optimizer clue refers to running in all three legs of the Triple Crown. Congratulations once again, Grant!
What was the double he shared with Affirmed?
Must admit the clue that tipped it was the imbibing clue - being from there it made sense, and then the color and accident sealed it. The Optimizer clue threw me though??
i used to bet free house all the time. big white horse. sad what happened to him.
He was named after a "Free House" better known as a Public House or Pub, Mary Z ... I want to know what clue(s) did it for Grant ...
How did the horse fit the imbibing clue? And congrats to the winner.
2nd in a great Preakness, and then 2nd to Real Quiet in the Pimlico Special, Ernie ... I love a first-time winner ... congrats, Grant!
Fabulous. I was nowhere. I don't even remember Free House in Maryland.
No, not Whirlaway, but we have a winner ... grant.williamson.946 nailed it, Free House is correct!
Whirlaway
Free House
It is not Palladium.
Palladium?
Sorry, it is not Lemhi Gold.
Lemhi Gold?