• Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 9 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 7 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred outside of the United States, my sire was an American grade 1 winner who won his sophomore debut by 17 lengths.

*A millionaire earner, I won over 30% of my lifetime races, and finished in the money in just under 60%.

*You might guess that I was from Ireland, and my primary trainer was from England, but you'd be only half right.

*No horse is unbeatable, I proved that one afternoon in the mud.

*Graded stakes placed as a juvenile, I was a graded stakes winner in each of my next two seasons.

*I was a Horse of the Year, but not in America, although I did once defeat an American HOTY.

*My first big win was worth a Grant to anyone who had been willing to put down $2 to win on me.

*I never visited one of my owner and breeder's stores, but I've heard they were at the top of the heap.

*My richest victory was sponsored by a beverage as smooth as it gets.

*By the time I passed away, my color was far different than you may remember from me at the races.

*A career as a sire was not a possibility, but I nonetheless became a fan favorite years after my racing retirement.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

The winners often have seen these horses run and don't have to check out every clue.
I was unprepared, Laz. Also, it rained here, so yard word. Or lost rein. Those are my excuses.
Mary two weeks in a row and no wins. What's happening to you. BTW, I watched that Molson Million when A.P. Indy was 5th to Benburb.
VERY hard. Way to go, Jasen
Sorry, Tara ... the correct answer, from Jasen, is within the comments.
Cozzene?
Candice, were you going for the place?
  • candice.c.curtis · haha I remembered this article from a couple weeks back: http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/Trackside/Oh_How_I_Remember_Benburb_123 · 1325 days ago
  • zatt · I had Nick Costa at 4-5 to win tonight's game! · 1325 days ago
That was a good thing to recall, Jasen ... way to go, Champ!
Yeah baby! Broke through the NW1X condition!
Benburb
Just remembered the Woodbine Mile used to be the Molson Million & AP Indy lost up there as a huge favorite.
Oh, now I see-no stud career, lol.
I was still looking, was going to say Giant's Causeway. Congrats to the winner.
Sorry, Lorie ... All the glory goes to Jasen tonight ... well played 'Capper!
Impressive, I was completely lost.
crap crap crap. was going to say canadian horse of the year, benburb. I'm just too slow :(
Is that my main man, Jasen Mangrum who knew it was the 1992 Canadian Horse of the Year?
Congrats Jasen! I was almost there, but you beat me to it!
Glorious Song?
Ding, ding, ding ... who said Benburb?