• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 1 day ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 2 days ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 2 days ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 4 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 5 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in Florida, I was purchased for less than $100,000 as a two-year-old at Ocala.

*My grandsire was favored in the Preakness, but lost, while my broodmare sire won racing's Middle Jewel in a different year, at attractive odds.

*I was a graded stakes winner in each of my seasons on the track.

*Both of my two trainers were Breeders' Cup winners, although unfortunately, neither did it with me.

*I was well liked in the Mid-Summer Derby, but was not the favorite at 2-1.

*All of my wins came in only four states: Delaware, Florida, New York, and Ohio.

*I won 57% of my races, despite never having a winning streak last longer than two races.

*My famous owner is no longer with us, and was best known outside the world of racing.

*Every single one of my wins came at a different distance.

*I always liked to hear the oohs and aahs from the crowd … my average winning margin was by more than ten lengths.

*As a sire, my most successful son was able to win the same race that I count as my biggest career win.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Nice one Ernie, you had me by two lengths!
  • ErnieMunick · (Milkshake - post-race lab nightmare ahead) · 1436 days ago
  • zatt · LOL ... my lab tech is out this week ... you pass ;-) · 1436 days ago
Louis Quatorze???
  • GregJones · Congrats Ernie, well done! Also, sorry about repeat answers from me, whenever I refresh page it posts answer again, ugh! · 1436 days ago
I too got a bit astray with the oohs and aahs.
I saw him last year as a stallion, he was HUGE. Hard to believe he could run that fast!
Also, well done to Matt Shifman, who ran a very close 2nd tonight!
Who knows how good he would have been if he raced past the Travers ... a worthy horse for a worthy champion, well done, my friend!
What threw me - about ten minutes - was thinking there was some word play with oohs and ahhs. Play Fellow, Tap Dancer, someone like that. The big winning margins got me in the ballpark. My ex girlfriend bought me a poster of Bellamy Road 'cause I had raved about his appearance. Who
  • ErnieMunick · would have beaten him that day? Not many, Maybe if he had been pressed early...Also wonder if his offspring might be as brittle. That Pletcher juvenile filly last year, stakes winner at Spa, just disappeared. Toby's been OK · 1436 days ago
Congrats Ernie!
Bellamy Road
Black Gold?
Lost Code
Congrats Ernie!
Thunder gulch
Bellamy Road! Way to go, Ernie ... tell us all how you took this one down.
Bellamy road
We have a winner, and his name is Ernie Munick!
Elocutionist and Louis Quatorze are also incorrect.
At The Threshold