• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 4 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 5 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 11 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in Florida, I was defeated by more than 30 lengths combined in my first three races.

*Beginning with my fourth lifetime start, I rattled off ten consecutive victories.

*My first grade one race saw me finish third to a future champion older mare.

*My trainer was inducted into the Hall of Fame in the 20th century, but the jockey that rode me in each of my last 13 races, was not.

*As good as I was, I was far from the most famous horse ridden by that jockey in my championship season.

*My first five stakes wins came at five different racetracks in five different states.

*All of my victories came on the same surface, although I did try a few times on another surface.

*Despite breaking my maiden at nine furlongs, there was a five furlong spread between the distance of my shortest victory to my longest.

*My lone race outside the United States was a winning one.

*I did not clinch my Eclipse Award until the 14th and final start of my fantastic season.

*I lived out the last 27 years of my life in the same state in which I was born.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Awesome, Steve ... as was Mac Diarmida as a 3yo turf horse. There was no question he was better than John Henry that year. Bring it next week, Steve, but for now, enjoy the throne!
Thanks Brian! The Hall of Fame and "last 27 years of my life" hints helped me narrow down when the horse ran. Plus, I've always kind of wondered why Jean Cruguet hasn't been inducted, so it wasn't hard to find some of the less notable horses he's ridden. I didn't realize this until now, but Mac Diarmida also beat one of my all time favs, John Henry, while carrying 14 lbs more. Now that takes guts!
wow
I thought tonight's might be tricky ... how'd you do it, Steve?
No need for additional guesses tonight. It is Mac Diarmida ... well done, Steve Herron!
Mac Diarmida