• If you bet A Lot in the Paradise Creek, then the winning margin was "a lot" more than the wagering return!Posted 16 hours ago
  • The Nassau goes to Sky Treasure!Posted 16 hours ago
  • Sunday Rules runs them off their feet in the Spring Fever to remain undefeated!Posted 16 hours ago
  • Xtra Luck gets his first stakes win in the Louisville Handicap!Posted 16 hours ago
  • Joe Bravo earned win #5,000 with a victory aboard Boss Man today at Monmouth Park.Posted 17 hours ago
  • There's no catching Black Hornet in the Vigil Stakes at Woodbine.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Pharoah romps home in the Preakness!Posted 7 days ago
  • Ironicus explodes to win the Dixie going away.Posted 7 days ago
  • Ageless best in The Very One again, this time with a course record.Posted 7 days ago
  • Holy Boss much the best in the six furlong Chick Lang.Posted 7 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in Florida, I was defeated by more than 30 lengths combined in my first three races.

*Beginning with my fourth lifetime start, I rattled off ten consecutive victories.

*My first grade one race saw me finish third to a future champion older mare.

*My trainer was inducted into the Hall of Fame in the 20th century, but the jockey that rode me in each of my last 13 races, was not.

*As good as I was, I was far from the most famous horse ridden by that jockey in my championship season.

*My first five stakes wins came at five different racetracks in five different states.

*All of my victories came on the same surface, although I did try a few times on another surface.

*Despite breaking my maiden at nine furlongs, there was a five furlong spread between the distance of my shortest victory to my longest.

*My lone race outside the United States was a winning one.

*I did not clinch my Eclipse Award until the 14th and final start of my fantastic season.

*I lived out the last 27 years of my life in the same state in which I was born.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Awesome, Steve ... as was Mac Diarmida as a 3yo turf horse. There was no question he was better than John Henry that year. Bring it next week, Steve, but for now, enjoy the throne!
Thanks Brian! The Hall of Fame and "last 27 years of my life" hints helped me narrow down when the horse ran. Plus, I've always kind of wondered why Jean Cruguet hasn't been inducted, so it wasn't hard to find some of the less notable horses he's ridden. I didn't realize this until now, but Mac Diarmida also beat one of my all time favs, John Henry, while carrying 14 lbs more. Now that takes guts!
wow
I thought tonight's might be tricky ... how'd you do it, Steve?
No need for additional guesses tonight. It is Mac Diarmida ... well done, Steve Herron!
Mac Diarmida