• Arrogate draws post position #9 for Saturday's Dubai World Cup.Posted 2 days ago
  • Vale Dori (6-5) wins a virtual match race over Finest City in the G1 Santa Margarita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Malagacy (3-1) remains unbeaten with an impressive Rebel win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Enola Gray (2-5) much the best down the hill in the Irish O'Brien.Posted 6 days ago
  • Jenda's Agenda (2-5) stays unbeaten with a facile win in the Caeser's Wish.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mor Spirit (1-2) too good in the Essex at Oaklawn Park.Posted 6 days ago
  • Distinta (11-1) gets up on the shadow of the wire in the Inside Information.Posted 6 days ago
  • Twisted Tom (4-1) gets up in the final jump to win the Private Terms.Posted 6 days ago
  • Streamline (12-1) upsets the Azeri; rough trip for favorite Terra Promessa.Posted 6 days ago
  • Clothes Fall Off (6-5) undresses the competition in the Correction.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Dubai World Cup 2017

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in Florida, I was defeated by more than 30 lengths combined in my first three races.

*Beginning with my fourth lifetime start, I rattled off ten consecutive victories.

*My first grade one race saw me finish third to a future champion older mare.

*My trainer was inducted into the Hall of Fame in the 20th century, but the jockey that rode me in each of my last 13 races, was not.

*As good as I was, I was far from the most famous horse ridden by that jockey in my championship season.

*My first five stakes wins came at five different racetracks in five different states.

*All of my victories came on the same surface, although I did try a few times on another surface.

*Despite breaking my maiden at nine furlongs, there was a five furlong spread between the distance of my shortest victory to my longest.

*My lone race outside the United States was a winning one.

*I did not clinch my Eclipse Award until the 14th and final start of my fantastic season.

*I lived out the last 27 years of my life in the same state in which I was born.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Awesome, Steve ... as was Mac Diarmida as a 3yo turf horse. There was no question he was better than John Henry that year. Bring it next week, Steve, but for now, enjoy the throne!
Thanks Brian! The Hall of Fame and "last 27 years of my life" hints helped me narrow down when the horse ran. Plus, I've always kind of wondered why Jean Cruguet hasn't been inducted, so it wasn't hard to find some of the less notable horses he's ridden. I didn't realize this until now, but Mac Diarmida also beat one of my all time favs, John Henry, while carrying 14 lbs more. Now that takes guts!
wow
I thought tonight's might be tricky ... how'd you do it, Steve?
No need for additional guesses tonight. It is Mac Diarmida ... well done, Steve Herron!
Mac Diarmida