• Family Tree game down the lane in winning the Iowa Oaks.Posted 4 hours ago
  • Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 5 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 5 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 5 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 5 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 5 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in the great state of Kentucky, I was the grandson of a three-time American champion.

*My initial run was in a stakes, and in my second start, I won by nearly seven lengths over a future grade 1 winner.

*I was a graded stakes winner in each of my three seasons of racing.

*During the meat of my career, I finished first or second in 22 consecutive races.

*In three of my graded stakes victories as a three-year-old, I won by an average of 12 lengths.

*Popular with the bettors, I was never let go at odds higher than 2-1.

*I was not a millionaire earner, although a victory in my last, in which I was upset at odds of 3-5, would have done it.

*More than half of my eleven stakes wins came in the state of New York.

*I ran well at distances ranging more than three-quarters of a mile from shortest to longest, but all of my stakes wins came between six to ten furlongs.

*An excellent sire, my offspring have accounted for many of the most important races in America.

*I am no longer of this world, but I made my mark on the sport in more ways than one.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Alydar was a favorite of mine. If he only had learned to change leads what he could have done. Wild Ride is a great book although it makes me sick.
Wild Ride....good read about Calumet and Alydar..
One of the saddest.
I knew this one too but I was late to the party Congrats Michael! Alydar was so much a fav of mine Such an awesome horse
Great horse! Sad story :(
It helps to be a big fan ... congratulations, Michael!
Good job, MH. I was stuck on trying to figure out the famous ancestor. I knew it wasn't a 3 time HOTY.
Alydar is my favorite horse of all time. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I hadn't gotten this one. I started typing after the first paragraph, because I was at Belmont the day he broke his maiden over Believe It. Love at first sight.
What gave it away, Michael?
You can't be asleep at the keyboard against that kind of speed! Nice one, Michael.
Well done, was just about to post that!
Uh-Oh ... Michael "Quick Draw" Harris is back ... and then some! Alydar is correct!
Alydar