Breeders' Cup 2014

GET FREE BREEDERS' CUP PICKS!  WATCH THE VIDEO!
  • Untapable and a retiring Rosie Napravnik earn the top prize in the BC Distaff! Posted 56 minutes ago
  • Lady Eli rides the rails to victory in the BC Juvenile Fillies Turf! Posted 58 minutes ago
  • Goldencents wins his second Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile! Posted 1 hour ago
  • Hootenanny keys a 1-2 BC Juvenile Turf for Wesley Ward! Posted 1 hour ago
  • American Pharoah is out of the BC Juvenile due to a bone bruise. Posted 3 days ago
  • Dame Dorothy remains unbeaten in the Turnback the Alarm! Posted 5 days ago
  • West Coast Belle wins the Rags to Riches for fun! Posted 5 days ago
  • Conquest Tsunami storms to victory in the Street Sense! Posted 5 days ago
  • Military Attack defeats a top field in the Sha Tin Trophy! Posted 5 days ago
  • Canadian Lexie Lou wins the Autumn Miss at Santa Anita! Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in the great state of Kentucky, I was the grandson of a three-time American champion.

*My initial run was in a stakes, and in my second start, I won by nearly seven lengths over a future grade 1 winner.

*I was a graded stakes winner in each of my three seasons of racing.

*During the meat of my career, I finished first or second in 22 consecutive races.

*In three of my graded stakes victories as a three-year-old, I won by an average of 12 lengths.

*Popular with the bettors, I was never let go at odds higher than 2-1.

*I was not a millionaire earner, although a victory in my last, in which I was upset at odds of 3-5, would have done it.

*More than half of my eleven stakes wins came in the state of New York.

*I ran well at distances ranging more than three-quarters of a mile from shortest to longest, but all of my stakes wins came between six to ten furlongs.

*An excellent sire, my offspring have accounted for many of the most important races in America.

*I am no longer of this world, but I made my mark on the sport in more ways than one.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Alydar was a favorite of mine. If he only had learned to change leads what he could have done. Wild Ride is a great book although it makes me sick.
Wild Ride....good read about Calumet and Alydar..
One of the saddest.
I knew this one too but I was late to the party Congrats Michael! Alydar was so much a fav of mine Such an awesome horse
Great horse! Sad story :(
It helps to be a big fan ... congratulations, Michael!
Good job, MH. I was stuck on trying to figure out the famous ancestor. I knew it wasn't a 3 time HOTY.
Alydar is my favorite horse of all time. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I hadn't gotten this one. I started typing after the first paragraph, because I was at Belmont the day he broke his maiden over Believe It. Love at first sight.
What gave it away, Michael?
You can't be asleep at the keyboard against that kind of speed! Nice one, Michael.
Well done, was just about to post that!
Uh-Oh ... Michael "Quick Draw" Harris is back ... and then some! Alydar is correct!
Alydar