• Ben's Cat vs. Bern Identity in 2014 Fabulous Strike at Penn National.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Cigar Mile hopeful Itsmyluckyday drilled a 5f bullet in 1:00.40 at GPW on Nov 20.Posted 16 hours ago
  • No Problem a game winner of the Bob Hope! Posted 6 days ago
  • Sparkling Review closes powerfully to win the Mrs Revere! Posted 6 days ago
  • Zee Bros pulls off a De Francis surprise at 29-1! Posted 6 days ago
  • The Commonwealth Turf is a one horse show ... Heart to HeartPosted 6 days ago
  • Dynamic Sky upsets Big Blue Kitten in the Red Smith! Posted 6 days ago
  • Stormin Monarcho romps home a winner in the Richard W. Small! Posted 6 days ago
  • More Complexity is best in the Betty Grable! Posted 12 days ago
  • It's all Villandry in the River City! Posted 13 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in Florida, my grandsire was of one of America's most influential sires.

*I competed in stakes racing in every season on the track, but was a stakes winner in only four of those seasons.

*My sire's mom was a great one who won multiple championships in multiple countries.

*All of my races came on the same surface, and 39 of them came within a one furlong spread in distance.

*My last three stakes wins came at odds of 3-5, 11-10, and 24-1 respectively.

*I was rewarded with a championship for my best overall season in which I scored in five stakes races.

*My two longest losing streaks both lasted for seven races and more than a year.

*I had two trainers, one is in the Hall of Fame, and the other had me for my most important victories.

*Owned by my breeder, I carried the same familiar silks for each of my seven seasons on the track.

*I was a stakes winner at eight different racetracks including Delaware and Suffolk.

*As a sire prospect, I was purchased by new owners and sent far away from where I raced.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

It's hard to know everything in a sport that has so many athletes! I think we're all still learning, no matter how long we've been in the game.
ha cocoa...kids these days
ok good. i love how you say before our time. makes me feel not alone in being the only one (but highly educated) one on this site.but make no mistake i think we are both still learning about racing tho.
Considering they are less popular horses from before our time, it isn't sad one bit.
Is it sad if I don't know most of these horses by the time it says "You should know by know...who am I?:
Thanks, Ernie. LOL!
Scoggin/Shifman has earned a space in the DRF's next Champions.
Congratulations, Matt !
Yet, you still won ... impressive!
Mary Z.-- AndyScoggin is really Matt Shifman.
This was a tough one because it sounded like a horse from the 50's or 60's that had run in many seasons so I got bogged down in the wrong era.
Cocoa, I was stuck on Stymie, too, due to his long career. Congratulations, AndyScoggin. I know you have another name. Congrats to him, too.
Congratulations once again, Champ ... How did you nail down this tough one?
Ding, ding, ding! It is the 2006 Firecracker Handicap winner, Miesque's Approval!
Miesque's Approval
No to It's in the Air and Dr. Patches.
Dr. Patches?
It's In The Air?
Sorry, Stymie is also incorrect.
Stymie?