• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 1 day ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 2 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 6 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 7 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 8 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in Kentucky, I was purchased for more than three times as much as a two-year-old in training than I was as a yearling.

*I raced in quite a few more races than my well known sire, but I could not match him in major wins.

*My dam may have only scored one victory, but she produced more than one horse who ran well going 12 furlongs at Belmont.

*Each of my graded stakes victories came at a different distance.

*All of my victories came on the dirt, where there was a half mile spread from the shortest to the longest.

*I won 31% of my races, and I was also runner-up in 31% of my races.

*I was based primarily on the East Coast, but I did venture back to Kentucky on more than a couple occasions.

*All of my stakes victories came during my best season of racing.

*In that season, I defeated each of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont winners.

*My biggest victory came in a stakes race previously won by both my sire and my trainer.

*I only watch television for the beer commercials.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

We have a winner ... Stay Thirsty it is!
  • staisap · when did stay thirsty defeat animal kingdom and ruler on ice. · 1571 days ago
  • BrianZipse · Animal Kingdom in the Belmont, and Ruler On Ice in the Travers. · 1567 days ago
Congrats to Ashley! And I love what you wrote about it feeling great to win a "Who Am I?"
Stay Thirsty has been my horse since day one!
Congratulations, Ashley !
sorry my paged locked up :( GJ! Floridaf
I won't lie, it feels great to finally get one of these!
Lemon Drop Kid?
Congratulations, Ashley ... you are champion on a great week to be champion!
I love a first time winner!
The beer commercial bit gave it away for me. I love the Dos Equis commercials, and I am a bit of Stay Thirsty fan.
A deep closer!
Well done Ashley!
I need to be tricky sometimes as good as you all are ... How did you nail this one down, Ashley?
Stay Thirsty
Tricky one going with the active horse.
Stay Thirsty
Sorry not Any Given Saturday.
Nor is it Editor's Note.