• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 1 day ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 1 day ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 2 days ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 4 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 5 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ???

*Bred in Kentucky, I was purchased for more than three times as much as a two-year-old in training than I was as a yearling.

*I raced in quite a few more races than my well known sire, but I could not match him in major wins.

*My dam may have only scored one victory, but she produced more than one horse who ran well going 12 furlongs at Belmont.

*Each of my graded stakes victories came at a different distance.

*All of my victories came on the dirt, where there was a half mile spread from the shortest to the longest.

*I won 31% of my races, and I was also runner-up in 31% of my races.

*I was based primarily on the East Coast, but I did venture back to Kentucky on more than a couple occasions.

*All of my stakes victories came during my best season of racing.

*In that season, I defeated each of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont winners.

*My biggest victory came in a stakes race previously won by both my sire and my trainer.

*I only watch television for the beer commercials.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

We have a winner ... Stay Thirsty it is!
  • staisap · when did stay thirsty defeat animal kingdom and ruler on ice. · 1511 days ago
  • BrianZipse · Animal Kingdom in the Belmont, and Ruler On Ice in the Travers. · 1506 days ago
Congrats to Ashley! And I love what you wrote about it feeling great to win a "Who Am I?"
Stay Thirsty has been my horse since day one!
Congratulations, Ashley !
sorry my paged locked up :( GJ! Floridaf
I won't lie, it feels great to finally get one of these!
Lemon Drop Kid?
Congratulations, Ashley ... you are champion on a great week to be champion!
I love a first time winner!
The beer commercial bit gave it away for me. I love the Dos Equis commercials, and I am a bit of Stay Thirsty fan.
A deep closer!
Well done Ashley!
I need to be tricky sometimes as good as you all are ... How did you nail this one down, Ashley?
Stay Thirsty
Tricky one going with the active horse.
Stay Thirsty
Sorry not Any Given Saturday.
Nor is it Editor's Note.