• There will be a Pick Six carryover of $167,021 when racing resumes Friday at Los Alamitos.Posted 8 hours ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $42,460 when racing resumes Thursday at Los Alamitos.Posted 1 day ago
  •  Assateague goes wire to wire in the Dr. James Penny Memorial!Posted 2 days ago
  • Clearly Now breaks the 7f track record at Belmont - 1:19.96.Posted 5 days ago
  • There will be a Pick Six carryover of $28,880 when racing resumes July 4 at Los Al.Posted 6 days ago
  • 1-9 Frac Daddy upset by Sky Captain in the Dominion Day! Posted 9 days ago
  •  Size holds off Ria Antonia in the Iowa Oaks!Posted 12 days ago
  •  Declassify game in the Triple Bend!Posted 12 days ago
  •  Riposte proves best in the New York Handicap!Posted 12 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*Bred in Maryland, I was a $34,000 yearling purchase, and a grandson of one of America's greatest sires.

*A stakes winner at six different racetracks, I never once ran in an allowance or a claiming race.

*My longest winning streak was four races and my shortest was three in a row.

*I once was beaten handily while finishing second to a Belmont Stakes winner at odds of 7-10.

*The average winning margin in all of my stakes victories was exactly four lengths.

*Oddly, my only grade 1 win came in the year that I did not win an Eclipse Award.

*First or second in 86% of my races, I only finished worse than second once in each season of racing.

*I was the only champion for my sire and trainer, but my regular jockey rode many; he also won the Belmont by a huge margin.

*Forget the first Saturday in May, I was a big winner on the first Saturday in June at Belmont Park.

*A knee chip ended my career on a three race winning streak, all in graded stakes.

*As a sire, I've been a success, with over 50 stakes winners, and earners of more than $40 million.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Smoke Glacken
It may not have been 8 and change, but another impressive performance, Matt ... Good luck next week to all!
MD-bred still a sire put him in the 90's.
LOL ... Michael, much like I'll Have Another, you can wear one again after the Belmont.
saw him win the riva ridge on belmont day, like a gray flash of lightning . . . awesome
Sorry Travis, Andy Scoggin, aka Matt Shifman, already nailed it with Smoke Glacken. How did you solve this one so fast, Matt?
One of my favorite horses, saw him win the Tyro at Monmouth!
i'm hopeless without the nasal strip
Risen Star?
Am I making these too easy ... or are you guys just too good?