• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*Bred in Maryland, I was a $34,000 yearling purchase, and a grandson of one of America's greatest sires.

*A stakes winner at six different racetracks, I never once ran in an allowance or a claiming race.

*My longest winning streak was four races and my shortest was three in a row.

*I once was beaten handily while finishing second to a Belmont Stakes winner at odds of 7-10.

*The average winning margin in all of my stakes victories was exactly four lengths.

*Oddly, my only grade 1 win came in the year that I did not win an Eclipse Award.

*First or second in 86% of my races, I only finished worse than second once in each season of racing.

*I was the only champion for my sire and trainer, but my regular jockey rode many; he also won the Belmont by a huge margin.

*Forget the first Saturday in May, I was a big winner on the first Saturday in June at Belmont Park.

*A knee chip ended my career on a three race winning streak, all in graded stakes.

*As a sire, I've been a success, with over 50 stakes winners, and earners of more than $40 million.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Smoke Glacken
It may not have been 8 and change, but another impressive performance, Matt ... Good luck next week to all!
MD-bred still a sire put him in the 90's.
LOL ... Michael, much like I'll Have Another, you can wear one again after the Belmont.
saw him win the riva ridge on belmont day, like a gray flash of lightning . . . awesome
Sorry Travis, Andy Scoggin, aka Matt Shifman, already nailed it with Smoke Glacken. How did you solve this one so fast, Matt?
One of my favorite horses, saw him win the Tyro at Monmouth!
i'm hopeless without the nasal strip
Risen Star?
Am I making these too easy ... or are you guys just too good?