• Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 14 hours ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 3 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 6 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 6 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 6 days ago
  • Texas Ryano (2-1) much the best in the Hollywood Turf Cup.Posted 7 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*Bred in Kentucky, my purchase price as a yearling at Keeneland would make me the definition of rags to riches.

*An easy winner of my career debut, my first stakes attempt came at Del Mar.

*All of my wins came on the dirt, with each of my tries on the turf resulting in off-the-board results.

*My track record at Belmont Park only lasted less than one year.

*I was rewarded with an Eclipse Award for the most successful of my three seasons on the track.

*My first stakes win came as a surprise, but it would not be long before I was odds-on in one of America's most important races.

*I finished 11th in my first try at ten furlongs, but I won my next two attempts at the distance easily.

*My racing career consisted of just under two dozen starts, with victories in two different countries.

*I finished 2nd in my career finale to a horse who would win the Jockey Club Gold Cup in his next start.

*My last career win came in grand style when I easily defeated a two-time champion.

*I passed away ten years, six months, and ten days after I became a national sensation.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Nice job!
Hard one - good one. Fine work, Terry!
Great memory, and great win!
I remembered Canonero died about 10 years after winning the Derby, and I remebered him beating Riva Ridge at Belmont and broke the track record!
Congrats on your maiden breaker, Terry!
Are my eyes bad or was there a typo?
Congratulations on your first ever win, Terry. How did you solve the puzzle?
Tonight's was tricky so I took wild guess.
Terry got it ... Canonero II is the one!
Sorry, but Gamely is not tonight's answer.
Nice job!
Canonero II?
Gamely?
Tick-Tock goes the Who Am I ??? clock.
This is the longest I've seen one of these unanswered, looks like you picked a good one.