• Avenge (5-1) refuses to let anyone pass and wins the Grade 1 Rodeo Drive.Posted 2 minutes ago
  • California Chrome (2-5) makes it look too easy in his Grade 1 Awesome Again score.Posted 36 minutes ago
  • Gormley (11-1) leads all the way in the Grade 1 FrontRunner.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Forever Unbridled (3-5) easily sweeps past her competitors in the Grade 1 Beldame.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Joking (4-1) was not fooling around to get up and take the Grade 1 Vosburgh.Posted 1 hour ago
  • Tom's Ready (9-2) comes from behind to win the Grade 3 Ack Ack Handicap.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Ectot (9-1) upsets Flintshire to run away with the Grade 1 Joe Hirsch Turf Classic.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Holy Lute (10-1) pulls off the surprise in the second division of the Eddie D.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Ambitious Brew (5-1) rolls to victory in the first division of the Eddie D.Posted 1 day ago
  • Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 5 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*Bred in Kentucky, my purchase price as a yearling at Keeneland would make me the definition of rags to riches.

*An easy winner of my career debut, my first stakes attempt came at Del Mar.

*All of my wins came on the dirt, with each of my tries on the turf resulting in off-the-board results.

*My track record at Belmont Park only lasted less than one year.

*I was rewarded with an Eclipse Award for the most successful of my three seasons on the track.

*My first stakes win came as a surprise, but it would not be long before I was odds-on in one of America's most important races.

*I finished 11th in my first try at ten furlongs, but I won my next two attempts at the distance easily.

*My racing career consisted of just under two dozen starts, with victories in two different countries.

*I finished 2nd in my career finale to a horse who would win the Jockey Club Gold Cup in his next start.

*My last career win came in grand style when I easily defeated a two-time champion.

*I passed away ten years, six months, and ten days after I became a national sensation.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Nice job!
Hard one - good one. Fine work, Terry!
Great memory, and great win!
I remembered Canonero died about 10 years after winning the Derby, and I remebered him beating Riva Ridge at Belmont and broke the track record!
Congrats on your maiden breaker, Terry!
Are my eyes bad or was there a typo?
Congratulations on your first ever win, Terry. How did you solve the puzzle?
Tonight's was tricky so I took wild guess.
Terry got it ... Canonero II is the one!
Sorry, but Gamely is not tonight's answer.
Nice job!
Canonero II?
Gamely?
Tick-Tock goes the Who Am I ??? clock.
This is the longest I've seen one of these unanswered, looks like you picked a good one.