• Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 5 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 5 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 5 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 5 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 5 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 5 days ago
  • Brooklynsway upsets I'm A Chatterbox in the Doubledogdare at 25-1.Posted 6 days ago
  • Cupid has been removed from consideration from the Kentucky Derby; Mo Tom is now in.Posted 10 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*Bred in the great state of Kentucky, I was the son of an English Horse of the Year.

*I was based primarily in California, but my final three career starts came on the East Coast.

*A winner of 47% of my lifetime starts; I did not earn my first graded stakes until February of my final racing season.

*The final two wins of my best winning streak took place on the shores of two different oceans.

*I was just one of many champions on both sides of the Atlantic for my trainer.

*Sent off at odds-on in consecutive races against a multiple Eclipse Award winner and future Horse of the Year; he narrowly defeated me both times.

*I was the best horse ever ridden by my most regular rider.

*Although bred for the turf, I was dull in my only appearance on the surface.

*None of my offspring could match my racing prowess, although I did sire 38 stakes winners.

*Six of my final seven races were Grade 1, and I won three of them by daylight.

*My power on the racetrack was almost as scary as my name.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Slain by a 3-year-old son of the Mighty!
one day I 'll get ya.. congrats stacy!!
Awesome, Stacy! You made it sound simple ... You are Queen for the week, wear your crown proudly!
  • AnothergThoroughbred · That's three, I'm just glad to see my brain still works! Thanks as usual for putting something really fun together for us racing fan and maybe someday you'll do one about my colt! · 1485 days ago
  • zatt · And thank you! Send me a message with info about your colt ;-) · 1485 days ago
Nice when it is not solved within 3 minutes, eh Darlene?
Bates Motel?
Congrats! That was a tough one tonight.
1. Son of English Champion narrows it down a lot and I knew it had to be a horse who had been OKAY at three but really matured at four or debuted at four and excelled at five. The rest was just a process of eliminating who it wasn't.
congrats to the winner
just happy got a chance to guess this time
How did you put it all together, Stacy?
Lion Heart is not it, but .... Bates Motel is right on target!
Lion Heart?
No love for Ghostzapper tonight on ZATT.
Ghostzapper
Sorry, it is not Louis Quatorze.
Louis Quatorze