• Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 8 hours ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 5 days ago
  • Cheekaboo wins a blanket finish in the Honeymoon at 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • Donegal Moon scores after Unified comes up empty in the Pegasus Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • Ancient Secret just gets up to win the Wild Applause Stakes at Belmont Park.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bradester (9-1) upsets the Stephen Foster (G1) in gate to wire fashionPosted 6 days ago
  • Pleuven (Fr), with a stalking move, wins the Wise Dan (G2) at 7-1Posted 6 days ago
  • Paid Up Subscriber (6-1) rallies and draws off to win the Fleur de Lis Handicap (G2)Posted 6 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) stays unbeaten in the Summertime Oaks (G2) at Santa Anita.Posted 6 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-9) goes gate to wire to easily take the Matt Winn (G3).Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*Bred in the great state of Kentucky, I was the son of an English Horse of the Year.

*I was based primarily in California, but my final three career starts came on the East Coast.

*A winner of 47% of my lifetime starts; I did not earn my first graded stakes until February of my final racing season.

*The final two wins of my best winning streak took place on the shores of two different oceans.

*I was just one of many champions on both sides of the Atlantic for my trainer.

*Sent off at odds-on in consecutive races against a multiple Eclipse Award winner and future Horse of the Year; he narrowly defeated me both times.

*I was the best horse ever ridden by my most regular rider.

*Although bred for the turf, I was dull in my only appearance on the surface.

*None of my offspring could match my racing prowess, although I did sire 38 stakes winners.

*Six of my final seven races were Grade 1, and I won three of them by daylight.

*My power on the racetrack was almost as scary as my name.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Slain by a 3-year-old son of the Mighty!
one day I 'll get ya.. congrats stacy!!
Awesome, Stacy! You made it sound simple ... You are Queen for the week, wear your crown proudly!
  • AnothergThoroughbred · That's three, I'm just glad to see my brain still works! Thanks as usual for putting something really fun together for us racing fan and maybe someday you'll do one about my colt! · 1542 days ago
  • zatt · And thank you! Send me a message with info about your colt ;-) · 1542 days ago
Nice when it is not solved within 3 minutes, eh Darlene?
Bates Motel?
Congrats! That was a tough one tonight.
1. Son of English Champion narrows it down a lot and I knew it had to be a horse who had been OKAY at three but really matured at four or debuted at four and excelled at five. The rest was just a process of eliminating who it wasn't.
congrats to the winner
just happy got a chance to guess this time
How did you put it all together, Stacy?
Lion Heart is not it, but .... Bates Motel is right on target!
Lion Heart?
No love for Ghostzapper tonight on ZATT.
Ghostzapper
Sorry, it is not Louis Quatorze.
Louis Quatorze