• Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 21 hours ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 3 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 5 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 6 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 6 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 6 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 6 days ago
  • Texas Ryano (2-1) much the best in the Hollywood Turf Cup.Posted 7 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*I had the same grandsire as Spectacular Bid, and I was bred by my owner in Kentucky.

*I began my career in a stakes race at a track in the Northeast … and I won.

*I raced from coast-to-coast in my two-year career, but my biggest victories came in New York.

*My lone Eclipse Award came 22 years before my induction into racing's Hall of Fame.

*I did not reach a million in earnings, but I did win 69% of my career starts.

*My longest winning streak was five races, all stakes, and began at Garden State and ended with a defeat at Saratoga.

*I was the best known runner for both my trainer and my regular rider.

*All of my victories came on the dirt, and there was a seven furlong spread from the shortest to the longest.

*I ran in eight grade 1 races, winning five of them, and was odds-on in the last four.

*My top son was a multiple stakes winning millionaire who won several times at Oaklawn Park.

*I won my final career race, in what was my only victory in three tries at Saratoga.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Mom's Command
Thanks, that was fun.
Great job, stevebiscuit!
Well done, Steve ... you are a most deserving champion. And Matt, don't take this heartbreaking loss too hard ... you will be back!
Not many horses break their maiden in a stakes race. Rockingham Park no less.
Jonesboro, Ernie.
I saw that she was inducted into the HOF recently, so I subtracted 22 years. When I saw that Mom's Command was a granddaughter of Bold Ruler I was pretty sure.
I thought MC - but the top son clue threw me
You guys are amazing! How did you know it was Mom's Command so fast?
clever trevor?
11 seconds ... now that is a photo finish ... winner, Stevebiscuit!
Moms Command
I never know where to start on these. At least I see an Oaklawn reference!
Tonight's answer will not be Groovy.
Groovy