• Collected (3-1) holds off Arrogate in the TVG Pacific Classic.Posted 59 seconds ago
  • Hunt (3-1) scores his second graded stakes win of the meet, this time in the Del Mar Handicap.Posted 31 minutes ago
  • Elate (4-1) rolls home a big winner in the Alabama.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Money'soncharlotte (5-2) holds off Martini Glass in the Lady Jacqueline.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Proctor's Ledge (2-1) kicks home a winner in the Lake Placid.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Winx starts slow, but finishes fast to win the Warwick for her 18th straight!Posted 13 hours ago
  • March X Press (2-1) rallies to win the Bolton Landing.Posted 3 days ago
  • Gold Rush Dancer (3-1) scores big in the 82nd running of the Longacres Mile.Posted 5 days ago
  • Skye Diamonds (9-10) wins again, this time in the Rancho Bernardo.Posted 6 days ago
  • Copper Bullet (7-2) strong in winning the Saratoga Special.Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*I had the same grandsire as Spectacular Bid, and I was bred by my owner in Kentucky.

*I began my career in a stakes race at a track in the Northeast … and I won.

*I raced from coast-to-coast in my two-year career, but my biggest victories came in New York.

*My lone Eclipse Award came 22 years before my induction into racing's Hall of Fame.

*I did not reach a million in earnings, but I did win 69% of my career starts.

*My longest winning streak was five races, all stakes, and began at Garden State and ended with a defeat at Saratoga.

*I was the best known runner for both my trainer and my regular rider.

*All of my victories came on the dirt, and there was a seven furlong spread from the shortest to the longest.

*I ran in eight grade 1 races, winning five of them, and was odds-on in the last four.

*My top son was a multiple stakes winning millionaire who won several times at Oaklawn Park.

*I won my final career race, in what was my only victory in three tries at Saratoga.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Mom's Command
Thanks, that was fun.
Great job, stevebiscuit!
Well done, Steve ... you are a most deserving champion. And Matt, don't take this heartbreaking loss too hard ... you will be back!
Not many horses break their maiden in a stakes race. Rockingham Park no less.
Jonesboro, Ernie.
I saw that she was inducted into the HOF recently, so I subtracted 22 years. When I saw that Mom's Command was a granddaughter of Bold Ruler I was pretty sure.
I thought MC - but the top son clue threw me
You guys are amazing! How did you know it was Mom's Command so fast?
clever trevor?
11 seconds ... now that is a photo finish ... winner, Stevebiscuit!
Moms Command
I never know where to start on these. At least I see an Oaklawn reference!
Tonight's answer will not be Groovy.
Groovy