• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 23 hours ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 1 day ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 1 day ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 2 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 2 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 5 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 7 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 8 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 8 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*I was a Kentucky homebred, owned by a stable that would become part of racing's royalty.

*My three year racing career included multiple stakes wins each year, with a grand total of 11 stakes wins.

*Thanks to being put up by the stewards in my career debut, I won more than half of my lifetime starts.

*My average odds in eight 1 ¼ mile races was 3-1, but I was only able to win two of them.

*My top son did me one better by becoming a champion in two different years.

*That top son also repeated my two most important victories 13 years later.

*At Saratoga, I was 2 for 2, both in stakes races, and with an average winning margin of more than six lengths.

*I was ridden by the same Hall of Fame jockey in each of my initial 28 starts.

*My only try on turf came at 1 3/16 miles at Atlantic City in my career finale.

*Despite going off favored in two-thirds of the Triple Crown, I did not win any of the three.

*Named after a well known state park, I was always proud of my name.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

I got it after the FIRST line, it's only that once again, being away from the computer for 1.37 hrs, Matt beat me. Very unfair. But grudgingly I will congratulate Matt for being 2nd best.
Wow, I am never on time for these!! Congrats!
Spoken like a true champion, Matt! Shame on Equibase, mhswinds.
Wasn't late, just had no clue on this one!
Then for some odd reason it's not listed.
The competition has gotten very very tough and I have not been close for past several weeks!
First Landing
Congrats once again, Matt ... First Landing's final race was the United Nations on the Atlantic City turf, mhswinds. He finished 9th.
Sorry, Lorie ... the early Shifman gets the worm!
Humm according to this, he never ran at Atlantic City http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=161734®istry=T
Racing's royalty led me to an older horse and all the better from my favorite Meadow Stable!
why did I have to be late getting home! Darn darn darn!
Spectacular Bid?
Well done, Mr. Champion ... how did you nail down First Landing, the sire of Riva Ridge, and the champion 2yo of 1958?
Fort Marcy?
Sorry, it is not The Bid, but ... yes, Matt Shifman, aka Andy Scoggin ... First Landing is the one!
No, not Pocahontas.
Pocahontas?
Sorry, it is not Wekiva Springs.
Wekiwa Springs?