• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 2 days ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 3 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 4 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 7 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 8 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 10 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 10 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*Bred in the Sunshine State, I was undefeated in my first 11 ½ months of racing.
*I won more than half of my lifetime starts, including ten stakes, over a career that spanned four seasons.
*My only attempt at ten furlongs saw me yield late to the Belmont winner at odds-on.
*I once ran on the Belmont turf in a non-stakes race in which 40% of the field were champions.
*Both the winner of that Belmont turf race and I came back to cash a check at the Breeders' Cup in our next start.
*I was both a stakes winner, and an allowance loser in the North Star State.
*My owner and breeder won the Kentucky Derby; and my trainer over my final two-plus seasons is in the Hall of Fame.
*14 of my final 20 races were run at distances of one mile or more.
*My final nine starts came at nine different racetracks with the big win coming at Santa Anita.
*Many of my early races were won by a mile.
*I am proud to say that three of the last ten winners of my race were rewarded with an Eclipse Award.
You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Interestingly, Ernie ... Smile only raced three times after winning the BC Sprint of 1986, and the distances were 1 1/16, 1 1/8, and 1 3/16 respectively.
I'd forgotten how often Smile competed around two turns. NEVER would've guessed that many.
Blame your trainer, Bill ;-)
Damn Brian I love this game but missed the start time, delayed getting to the gate...thanks for this contest Brian
Awesome way to return to the winner's circle, Matt ... Smile big and wear your crown proudly for in one week, everyone will be coming to knock you off of your throne.
I'll bounce back!
Great job Andy !! I put in an effort...and now I know 'the warning' !! lol
Figured it was horse that had run a lot of races, so that led to the 70's or 80's! I attended that 2nd BC Sprint at AQU.
Sorry Steve, he got you by almost two minutes.
ugh not again!
Matt Shifman, aka Andy Scoggin was first ... well done, Matt! How did you nail down another win?
Buttery Pancakes
Go for Gin - No, Skip Away - No, Smile ... Yes!!!
Ghostzapper????? Um