• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 1 day ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 2 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 2 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 2 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 2 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 2 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 8 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???
*Bred in Kentucky, I was foaled four years after my well known full brother.
*I raced in six states overall, with nearly half of my races coming either at Keeneland or Saratoga.
*The monochromatic silks of my owner and breeder have been prominent in the sport for a long time.
*I was a stakes winner in each of my three seasons at the track, although the majority of them came in my best season.
*All of my stakes wins came at distances between six furlongs to 1 1/16 miles; in fact I only tried longer one time.
*I never minded sharing.
*All of my stakes wins came in races with quite a history, some of which go way, way back.
*My final two career races came at Arlington Park where I was ridden by a local legend.
*An American champion, I took home two awards in the same year.
*I was also a success in my second career, counting two European champions among those I called son.
*Unless you have walked a mile in my shoes, please don't give me a hard time about any of my losses.
You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

I like this game.
You're too damn fast!
How did you solve tonight's puzzle, Steve?
  • stevebiscuit · I gotta admit, this was one of the tougher ones. I had a feeling Claiborne was the owner/breeder because of the silks, plus the last hint helped. You also didn't say "Eclipse" awards, which made me think of horses who raced prior to 1971. · 1601 days ago
  • stevebiscuit · I should probably stop frantically tapping "post comment" when I do these. lol · 1601 days ago
Moccasin was the only 2yo filly ever to be named Horse of the Year, although she shared the award with Roman Brother.
Moccasin
I never minded sharing? Hard one, good one. I never would've gotten...
nice going!
Moccasin is correct ... way to go Steve!
I meant to post it once so...
Moccasin