• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 2 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 2 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 2 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 2 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 2 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 3 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 3 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 8 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???
*Bred in Kentucky, my dam had some famous brothers and my sire is an old friend to many.
*I began my racing career at Turfway Park in a six furlong maiden race.
*Each of my 8 graded stakes wins came on different racing strips/courses, with only two coming at the same racetrack.
*I was a fast finishing second in my career debut, but I was able to do one better in my final race.
*If you are wondering about my offspring, you haven't even begun to solve tonight's puzzle.
*My first of three trips to California produced a grade 1 victory, my worst saw me finish 7th in the Big Cap.
*I only competed in one leg of the Triple Crown, and I had no luck at all.
*Multiple owners and trainers did not matter to me, I kept trying to the end.
*I was able to win graded stakes in each of my five seasons of racing.
*My graded stakes victories included a pair at odds-on, and one that rewarded my backers with more than $100 for the win bet.
*Duke grad, Bobby Hurley, is very familiar with me.
You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Big congrats ... this one proved to be a Grade 1. See if you can defend your title next week!
Court Vision, again, an unlikely winner!
Lando Calrissian
Haven't seen a Who Am I ??? go 20 minutes in a while ... what did you see that nobody else did, Steve?
  • stevebiscuit · it wasn't any one thing that gave it away. I tried thinking of multiple grade 1 winning horses who paid over $100, which led me to Court Vision. Plus the Bobby Hurley reference helped. · 1615 days ago
Ah, GULCH, to Old Friends 2009.....:)
duke of mischief
Stevebiscuit nails it!
UGH! I should have known it was Kip's uncle. :P
Court Vision
Cool! Nice misdirection.
No correct answers yet, Ernie.
Hurley clue made it a slam dunk
Not Perfect Sting.
Sorry, it is not Evening Attire ... Stream Cat is also a no.
Perfect Sting
Stream Cat?
Evening Attire??
yup, Songandaprayer
Protest noted ... No, it is not Tale of the Cat, nor is it Songandaprayer.
Songandaprayer