• Accelerate (7-1) wins in a romp as Arrogate finishes way back in the San Diego Handicap. Posted 13 hours ago
  • Hunt (3-1) waits and then blows by in the Grade 2 Eddie Read.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Lady Eli (9-10), giving eight pounds, edges Quidura on the wire of the Grade 1 Diana.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Firenze Fire (12-1) holds off Free Drop Billy in the Sanford Stakes.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Twisted Tom (7-10) scores a hard-earned win in the New York Derby.Posted 18 hours ago
  • Proctor's Ledge (6-1), with first-time Lasix, rolls on the turf in the Lake George.Posted 1 day ago
  • Dream It Is (4-1) romps in the Grade 3 Schuylerville at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Indycott (7-5) wins the opener, as they're off at Saratoga!Posted 1 day ago
  • Bowies Hero (3-1) much the best in the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.Posted 3 days ago
  • Irap (7-5) romps home a big winner of the Indiana Derby.Posted 7 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*Bred in the Midwest, I was a major winner on both the dirt and the turf.
*My breeder was not native to the U.S. He also trained me, but did not own me.
*I was a stakes winner in two countries, five states, and at eight different racetracks.
*My first stakes try came in Chicago, but not at Arlington or Hawthorne. My final stakes race came in South Florida.
*I was rewarded with an Eclipse Award for the most successful of my five seasons on the track.
*A winner of more than half of my career starts, I finished in the money 23 times.
*I won two races on Arlington Park's dirt course by a margin of at least 13 lengths.
*In my final 18 races, all of my Beyer ratings were in triple digits other than the single one in which I got a 64.
*I never failed to cash a check in my three appearances at the Breeders' Cup, and was ridden by a different jockey each time.
*Part of my name comes directly from my sire, and his sire.
*In the final performance of my career, I went wire-to-wire in a grade 2 stakes race.
You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

I'm always working when you put these up, but when I get home I read them without looking at the answer. This is like the 2nd one out of 25 that I've gotten right! Rock Hard Ten a while back was the only other one. You're followers are sharp folks, other than myself. Nice job sjuwill!
Wait... I'm late to the party! Did I miss an Illinois one? DAMIT.
Bucks Boy! He was one of my all time favorites!
What could be better on your birthday than winning Who Am I ??? Happy Birthday, my friend!
Thanks all...keep up the good work Brian..glad i was able to get to the computer tonight
Bill McCabe ... How did you know it was the all-time Illinois-bred money earner, Buck's Boy, so fast?
  • ErnieMunick · Juice in the birthday cake fix!! · 2019 days ago
  • sjuwill · Today must be my lucky day.....well except for all my horse bets running second · 2019 days ago
Midwest = Illinois, eh? I guess I am becoming predictable. Big congrats, Bill!
Nice work, Bill. OTB me (Off the Board)
Another great finish on Who Am I ???
Well basically it was a midwest bred, (Illinois your favorite,lol,) and eclipse award for an Illinois bred...it just jumped right out
Congrats Bill, I keep losing these photo finishes this time by 49 seconds. Nice win!
Sorry, Christine ... they were too fast tonight.
Good one Bill!
Maybe Brian....just dont stop
Kona Gold
I need to make these harder!
Bucks Boy