• There's no catching Si Sage in the Grade 2 Charles Whittingham Stakes at Santa Anita.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Lexie Lou returns to her winning ways in today's Grade 2 Nassau Stakes.Posted 5 hours ago
  • Enola Gray takes the Melair gate to wire.Posted 1 day ago
  • Surgical Strike charges on the outside to win the Arlington Classic (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Diva Express and I'm a Looker make a dead heat run in the Winning Colors (G3).Posted 1 day ago
  • Flipcup game in Arlington Matron (G3) victory.Posted 1 day ago
  • In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 3 days ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 6 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 7 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 8 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???
*Bred in the Sunshine State, I began and ended my career at Gulfstream Park.
*As a juvenile, my biggest wins came on the Jersey Shore and Upstate New York.
*Known for my sharp late rally, I was able to get up for the win in more than half of my career starts.
*I was race ridden by only three jockeys, with the Hall of Famer of the trio, only riding me once.
*My first six stakes win came at six different racetracks, my final one came where I won my debut.
*You want pedigree? My father won the Kentucky Derby … and his father won the Kentucky Derby.
*If you know my mom, then you know she was no chicken.
*The distance of my victories spanned 7 ½ furlongs from the shortest to the longest.
*I hold the distinction of being favored in each leg of the Triple Crown.
*All of my races on the grass came in the Windy City.
*I may have had a tough childhood, but it was my competition who often felt a little rough after I rolled by them in the stretch.
You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Very hard. A hard one keeps the hot shots humble. Great work by Stevebiscuit. And another awesome session.
Well played, Mr. Two-time Champion ... next week you can expect everyone to try to knock you off your throne!
Way to go, Steve! How did you nail down the Hall of Famer, Needles?
  • stevebiscuit · I remembered he was a Florida bred and that his sire was Ponder, who was the son of Pensive. When I saw that damn's name was Noodle Soup I had a pretty good feeling. · 1642 days ago
Sneaky? I've been called worse!
That was sneaky-you didn't actually say that THIS horse won the Derby!
Good job Steve. I lost by a nose. Well done!
I need to work on my trivia. I wasn't even close.
Counterpoint
Stevebiscuit in a photo finish!
Congrats! I was a bit late out of the gate this week!
Sorry Alan ... Steve beat you to it. Needles it is!
Needles
Needles
Unbridled, is also incorrect.
Unbridled
No, not Awad.
Awad
Nor is Paradise Creek.
Sorry, Birdstone is not tonight's answer.
Paradise Creek