• Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 20 minutes ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 3 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 5 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 6 days ago
  • Stanford finds his way back to the winner's circle in the Charles Town Classic.Posted 6 days ago
  • Rose Brier sets new course record in the Henry S. Clark.Posted 6 days ago
  • Da Big Hoss lives up to his name with the Dixiana Elkhorn win.Posted 6 days ago
  • Raging Smoke leads all the way in the Sugar Maple.Posted 6 days ago
  • Highland Sky flies home to Woodhaven victory.Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???
*Bred in the Sunshine State, I began and ended my career at Gulfstream Park.
*As a juvenile, my biggest wins came on the Jersey Shore and Upstate New York.
*Known for my sharp late rally, I was able to get up for the win in more than half of my career starts.
*I was race ridden by only three jockeys, with the Hall of Famer of the trio, only riding me once.
*My first six stakes win came at six different racetracks, my final one came where I won my debut.
*You want pedigree? My father won the Kentucky Derby … and his father won the Kentucky Derby.
*If you know my mom, then you know she was no chicken.
*The distance of my victories spanned 7 ½ furlongs from the shortest to the longest.
*I hold the distinction of being favored in each leg of the Triple Crown.
*All of my races on the grass came in the Windy City.
*I may have had a tough childhood, but it was my competition who often felt a little rough after I rolled by them in the stretch.
You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Very hard. A hard one keeps the hot shots humble. Great work by Stevebiscuit. And another awesome session.
Well played, Mr. Two-time Champion ... next week you can expect everyone to try to knock you off your throne!
Way to go, Steve! How did you nail down the Hall of Famer, Needles?
  • stevebiscuit · I remembered he was a Florida bred and that his sire was Ponder, who was the son of Pensive. When I saw that damn's name was Noodle Soup I had a pretty good feeling. · 1612 days ago
Sneaky? I've been called worse!
That was sneaky-you didn't actually say that THIS horse won the Derby!
Good job Steve. I lost by a nose. Well done!
I need to work on my trivia. I wasn't even close.
Counterpoint
Stevebiscuit in a photo finish!
Congrats! I was a bit late out of the gate this week!
Sorry Alan ... Steve beat you to it. Needles it is!
Needles
Needles
Unbridled, is also incorrect.
Unbridled
No, not Awad.
Awad
Nor is Paradise Creek.
Sorry, Birdstone is not tonight's answer.
Paradise Creek