• Gold Rush Dancer (14-1) pulls the upset in Del Mar's Real Good Deal Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Haveyougoneaway (7-2) wears down Paulassilverlining to win the Honorable Miss at Saratoga.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator is going in the Haskell, according to Steve Edelson of the Asbury Park Press.Posted 1 day ago
  • The Gurkha wins a Sussex thriller over Galileo Gold and Ribchester.Posted 1 day ago
  • Amis Gizmo romps home in the Prince of Wales at Fort Erie.Posted 2 days ago
  • Long On Value (7-2) cuts back and rolls in the Lucky Coin Stakes.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird repels the challenge of Carina Mia, and romps home in the CCA Oaks.Posted 4 days ago
  • Up With the Birds swings to victory in Woodbine's Nijinsky Stakes.Posted 4 days ago
  • Tin Type Gal rides the rail to victory in Monmouth's Boiling Springs.Posted 4 days ago
  • California Chrome edges Dortmund in a San Diego Handicap showdown.Posted 5 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*Bred in Kentucky, I shared a portion of my name with both my sire and grandsire.
*I competed at a total or six racetracks, and would have been a stakes winner in all six if not for a decision by the stewards.
*My first stakes win came at Churchill, while my last one came at Keeneland.
*I was a grade 1 stakes winner in each of my two seasons on the track, with more of them coming in the first.
*Popular with the bettors, I was favored 13 times, or 76% or the time.
*I was the best ever horse for both my only trainer and my only jockey.
*The distance gap between my first race and last race was 6 ½ furlongs.
*In arguably my most impressive performance, I was disqualified from a 6 ½ length, grade 1 stakes score.
*I was favored in all four of my starts at Churchill Downs, but lost the most important one.
*In my career debut, I bested an Emperor, but in my career finale, I could not get over the Hill.
*My career as a sire was non-existent.
You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

sjuwill, aka Bill McCabe ...1979 Juvenile Champion, Rockhill Native it is!
  • annmatt · Don't know if you can accept photos here, but I posted a photo at Facebook of the front page of the DRF held by my aunt at the 1980 Ky Derby. Rockhill Native was the favorite over the winner, the filly, Genuine Risk!!! I did not know who the horse was, but once you said bill had the correct answer, I remembered the photo! How weird is that! · 1737 days ago
  • zatt · Very cool, Ann ... the only reason I hesistate, is that some people will still try to solve this after the fact. I am off to check it out on you FB page now, and thanks for the offer! · 1736 days ago
Rockhill Native, one of the little engines that could. My Derby pick. (Here comes Rumbo!) Great work, Mr. McCabe
whooppeeee..i made it..great start to breeders cup
Eric Slora
Close Matt, but ... tonight is all about Bill ... all hail the champion!!!
11=.76x, so x=17 career starts, almost had it!
Temperence Hill's Belmont and he never raced again and his DQ in the Hopeful
Spend a Buck???
How did you nail it down, Champ?
Me too--for once!! Temperence Hill was my clue...
Nice one, Bill, I was right on the trail.
War Emblem?
rockhill native
No, not Thunder Gulch.
Thunder Gulch
Sorry, Slew O' Gold is not correct.
slew o gold