• Texas Chrome (2-1) bravely squeezed through on the rail for an Oklahoma Derby win.Posted 1 day ago
  • Unbridled Mo (4-1) rides the rail to victory in the Remington Park Oaks.Posted 2 days ago
  • Accelerate (1-1) rallies to win the Los Alamitos Derby (G2).Posted 2 days ago
  • Connect (10-1) upsets the Pennsylvania Derby.Posted 3 days ago
  • Songbird (1-5) gets win number 11 in the Cotillion (G1) at Parx Racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • Noholdingback Bear (3-1) wins the Gallant Bob (G3) at Parx Racing.Posted 3 days ago
  • 2015 Turf Champion Big Blue Kitten has been retired from racing, via the Chad Brown barn.Posted 6 days ago
  • No catching Sarah Sis (10-1) in the Presque Isle Downs Masters.Posted 8 days ago
  • Victory to Victory  7-1) pulls clear in the Grade 1 Natalma Stakes.Posted 9 days ago
  • Good Samaritan (3-1) rolls to a Breeders' Cup birth with a Summer Stakes win.Posted 9 days ago

Who Am I ???

who am i ???

*Bred in Kentucky, I was far from the only stakes winner for both my sire and my dam.
*Based on the West Coast, six of my seven stakes wins came in California.
*Usually preferred by the bettors, I was never let go at odds of higher than 3-1.
*As Outstanding Trainer, my conditioner won four times as many Eclipse Awards as I did.
*My only attempt in an American Triple Crown race was far from successful.
*Like me, my sire never won a Triple Crown race, but he could not have come much closer.
*I won 53%, and finished first or second in 80% of my races over a racing career that spanned less than three seasons.
*My average winning margin was just a hair under six lengths.
*I hold the dubious distinction of losing races at 6-5, 9-10, 3-5, 2-5 and 1-10.
*Unfortunately, my life was cut short by a fatal paddock accident at the farm.
*If your still not sure of my name, you might want to check with the Grateful Dead.
You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

I guessed Alydar was the sire.
although record is that she raced in only 1983 and 1984...could that still be 3 seasons
oops read that wrong...far from only stakes winner
Alydar had other stakes winners, can't be Althea
He waits...he stalks....
Munick flashes speed like Very Subtle ... I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!
  • ErnieMunick · Honestly, the Dead hint made it automatic. Without the Dead hint, I might not have gotten it · 1833 days ago
  • zatt · Althea told me, okay, thats fine, so now Im trying to catch her. · 1833 days ago
Wow, that was fast! Knew it was Alydar as sire.
Ernie Munick, you are on fire!!!
  • ErnieMunick · I had that in about 18 seconds. Took me longer to log in. Grateful Dead hint plus Triple Crown daddy - didn't remember her losing at such short prices. · 1833 days ago
Er, maybe I wasn't right behind ya, eh Michael? :-)
How did you get this one so insanely quick, Ernie???
Darn it! That was a bit tricky. :P
Touch of Grey
Great job Ernie!
Dehere
Nice Work, E! Let the record show I was right behind ya!
What the E Train said