• Proctor's Ledge (6-1), with first-time Lasix, rolls on the turf in the Lake George.Posted 15 hours ago
  • Dream It Is (4-1) romps in the Grade 3 Schuylerville at Saratoga.Posted 16 hours ago
  • Indycott (7-5) wins the opener, as they're off at Saratoga!Posted 20 hours ago
  • Bowies Hero (3-1) much the best in the Oceanside Stakes on opening day at Del Mar.Posted 2 days ago
  • Irap (7-5) romps home a big winner of the Indiana Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Eagle (5-2) rides the rail to victory in the Schaefer Memorial.Posted 6 days ago
  • West Coast (2-5) powers home nicely in the Los Alamitos Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Songbird (1-9) wins the Delaware Handicap by only a length.Posted 6 days ago
  • Disco Partner (7-5) runs away from his Forbidden Apple competition.Posted 6 days ago
  • Frostmourne (1-2) turns the Kent Stakes into his own private party.Posted 6 days ago
Saratoga and Del Mar 2017

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ??? 615 X 400

*Bred in Kentucky, my sire’s biggest win came at a New Jersey track where I also was a stakes winner.

*My first career start, which was a win, came at a now defunct track.

*Despite a relatively short career, I was a stakes winner at seven different tracks, in five different states.

*My longest career losing streak only spanned two races.

*The only Kentucky Derby prep that I won was not the biggest held at that track.

*I went off the favorite in two-thirds of the Triple Crown, and did not run in the third.

*My well known trainer was one of five who had more than one starter in the Kentucky Derby the year I ran.

*The only times I ever finished out of the money was at Churchill Downs.

*Though I was based in California, my final five races all came east of the Mississippi.

*An American Champion, my only loss as a juvenile came in a photo finish.

*My final career race was the first time that I was not sent off as the betting favorite. Correction - 2nd time

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

that should be extra checking.
I'd have still been beaten by 2 mins without checking. Bows to Mary.
i think you're right, brian!
I wasn't even close.
I think that would be Zenyatta, Michael ... Way to play, Mary! Come back next week to defend your crown.
Ahhh, you got me Jon ... I need to be DQ'd for that one!
who was favored in his final career race? i remember andy beyer writing that it was "absurd
Whoops, thought Mary Z. But still, awesome!
Thanks! I figured it was a Haskell or Philip Iselin winner with the first hint and assumed the horse's debut came at Hollywood Park with the second hint. I was a Lookin at Lucky fan, so I knew the rest of the hints after that fit him!
Mary knows her Cali horses like the back of her hand. Congrats!
Lookin at Lucky? albeit he was 2nd fav in Preak to Super Saver.
-_-
Wow ... that was quick! Well done, Mary ... how did you get Lookin at Lucky so quickly?
Lookin at Lucky!