• Highland Reel wins another big one, this time in the Prince of Wales's at Royal Ascot.Posted 2 days ago
  • Highland Reel (2-1) powers to victory in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (G1) at Royal AscotPosted 2 days ago
  • Lady Aurelia (2-1) easily wins at Royal Ascot again in the King's Stand (G1).Posted 3 days ago
  • Timeline (1-10) cruises in Monmouth's Pegasus Stakes to remain perfect..Posted 5 days ago
  • Sweeping Paddy (7-2) pounces and scores in the Regret Stakes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Gun Runner (1-2) romps home much the best in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster.Posted 6 days ago
  • Forever Unbridled (1-1) way too much for her Fleur de Lis foes.Posted 6 days ago
  • Kasaqui (3-1) rolls down the lane to victory in the Wise Dan.Posted 6 days ago
  • Faypien (7-2) edges Mopotism in the Grade 2 Summertime Oaks.Posted 6 days ago
  • McCraken (1-5) rolls to a facile score in the Matt Winn.Posted 6 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Royal Ascot 2017

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ??? 615 X 400

*Bred in Kentucky, my sire was purchased as a yearling for $2 million, six years before I was born.

*I finished out of the money in a maiden race, and a stakes race, at Churchill Downs in my first two career starts.

*I won both the next maiden race, and stake race in which I ran, on my way to four victories as a two-year-old.

*My best year was as a sophomore, when I accounted for half of my career victories.

*In my only Kentucky Derby prep, I won easily as an odds-on favorite.

*Ten furlongs was not my thing, as I went 0-for-3 at Churchill Downs, Belmont Park, and Santa Anita.

*A multiple stakes winner in each of my three years of racing, I retired having won just a shade below half of my career starts.

*Both my most regular rider, and my trainer, are still active in racing and in the Hall of Fame.

*I finished second in six out of seven of my final career starts, including an important nine furlong race at Saratoga.

*Never a winner in the Breeders’ Cup, I did manage to finish second in two different BC races.

*My sons and daughters have won stakes races on both sides of the pond, but not one has matched the heights of my career.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Yes, Serenas Song
It was the clues about the beginning of her career.
Now if I had said Oaks preps ;-) Well done, Matt ... how did you finally nail it down?
I was taking so long to figure this out that I was sure one of the top guns would have already swooped in and won it. Must be March Madness or birthday bashes.
Your clue about Derby preps threw me off since it made me think the horse only made one start before the Derby. Serena had four races in the spring before the Derby including wins in all three of the filly preps at Santa Anita.
Wow ... after no guesses for so long, I was beginning to wonder. I remember the good old days when people used to rattle off guesses. Now it is all about not guessing, but knowing. Yes! It is Serena's Song!!!
SERENA'S SONG