• Lady Shipman breezes home much the best in Belmont's License Fee.Posted 4 days ago
  • Ben's Cat sprints home late to win his 10yo seasonal debut in thrilling fashion.Posted 4 days ago
  • Minding shows her class, easily winning the 1000 Guineas.Posted 5 days ago
  • Uncle Lino digs in to win the inaugural California Chrome Stakes.Posted 5 days ago
  • A Lot holds off favored Green Mask by a whisker to win the Elusive Quality.Posted 5 days ago
  • Galileo Gold, under Frankie Dettori, rolls in the 2000 Guineas.Posted 6 days ago
  • Olorda takes them all the way in the Bewitch Stakes on closing day at Keeneland.Posted 6 days ago
  • Nyquist will get in his final Kentucky Derby workout Friday afternoon at Keeneland.Posted 10 days ago
  • Time and Motion wins the Memories of Silver for Jimmy Toner.Posted 11 days ago
  • Finest City sets new track record in Great Lady M.Posted 12 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ??? 615 X 400

*Bred in Kentucky, my sire was purchased as a yearling for $2 million, six years before I was born.

*I finished out of the money in a maiden race, and a stakes race, at Churchill Downs in my first two career starts.

*I won both the next maiden race, and stake race in which I ran, on my way to four victories as a two-year-old.

*My best year was as a sophomore, when I accounted for half of my career victories.

*In my only Kentucky Derby prep, I won easily as an odds-on favorite.

*Ten furlongs was not my thing, as I went 0-for-3 at Churchill Downs, Belmont Park, and Santa Anita.

*A multiple stakes winner in each of my three years of racing, I retired having won just a shade below half of my career starts.

*Both my most regular rider, and my trainer, are still active in racing and in the Hall of Fame.

*I finished second in six out of seven of my final career starts, including an important nine furlong race at Saratoga.

*Never a winner in the Breeders’ Cup, I did manage to finish second in two different BC races.

*My sons and daughters have won stakes races on both sides of the pond, but not one has matched the heights of my career.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Yes, Serenas Song
It was the clues about the beginning of her career.
Now if I had said Oaks preps ;-) Well done, Matt ... how did you finally nail it down?
I was taking so long to figure this out that I was sure one of the top guns would have already swooped in and won it. Must be March Madness or birthday bashes.
Your clue about Derby preps threw me off since it made me think the horse only made one start before the Derby. Serena had four races in the spring before the Derby including wins in all three of the filly preps at Santa Anita.
Wow ... after no guesses for so long, I was beginning to wonder. I remember the good old days when people used to rattle off guesses. Now it is all about not guessing, but knowing. Yes! It is Serena's Song!!!
SERENA'S SONG