• Magic Mark upsets the Bertrando Stakes at 11-1 to kickoff the Los Alamitos meet.Posted 6 hours ago
  • Salutos Amigos dominant in Monmouth Park's Mr. Prospector.Posted 4 days ago
  • Crucero upsets the San Juan Capistrano at odds of 23-1.Posted 4 days ago
  • La Verdad skips through the Belmont slop to a victory in the Dancin Renee.Posted 4 days ago
  • Treve too much for Flintshire and the rest in today's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.Posted 4 days ago
  • Golden Lad surges late to score in the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker.Posted 5 days ago
  • Bent on Bourbon has his coming out party in the Iowa Derby.Posted 5 days ago
  • Departing slips through on the hedge to win the Firecracker.Posted 5 days ago
  • Sarah Sis just holds off Pangburn in the Iowa Oaks.Posted 5 days ago
  • Cosmic Evolution edges away to victory in the Debutante.Posted 5 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ??? 615 X 400

*Bred in Kentucky, my sire was purchased as a yearling for $2 million, six years before I was born.

*I finished out of the money in a maiden race, and a stakes race, at Churchill Downs in my first two career starts.

*I won both the next maiden race, and stake race in which I ran, on my way to four victories as a two-year-old.

*My best year was as a sophomore, when I accounted for half of my career victories.

*In my only Kentucky Derby prep, I won easily as an odds-on favorite.

*Ten furlongs was not my thing, as I went 0-for-3 at Churchill Downs, Belmont Park, and Santa Anita.

*A multiple stakes winner in each of my three years of racing, I retired having won just a shade below half of my career starts.

*Both my most regular rider, and my trainer, are still active in racing and in the Hall of Fame.

*I finished second in six out of seven of my final career starts, including an important nine furlong race at Saratoga.

*Never a winner in the Breeders’ Cup, I did manage to finish second in two different BC races.

*My sons and daughters have won stakes races on both sides of the pond, but not one has matched the heights of my career.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Yes, Serenas Song
It was the clues about the beginning of her career.
Now if I had said Oaks preps ;-) Well done, Matt ... how did you finally nail it down?
I was taking so long to figure this out that I was sure one of the top guns would have already swooped in and won it. Must be March Madness or birthday bashes.
Your clue about Derby preps threw me off since it made me think the horse only made one start before the Derby. Serena had four races in the spring before the Derby including wins in all three of the filly preps at Santa Anita.
Wow ... after no guesses for so long, I was beginning to wonder. I remember the good old days when people used to rattle off guesses. Now it is all about not guessing, but knowing. Yes! It is Serena's Song!!!
SERENA'S SONG