• Minding rolls home an easy winner of the Group 1 Pretty Polly Stakes at The Curragh.Posted 3 days ago
  • Melatonin powers home a strong winner of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita.Posted 3 days ago
  • Lord Nelson lunges late to nip Subtle Indian in the Triple Bend.Posted 4 days ago
  • By the Moon proves best in the Grade 3 Bed O' Roses at Belmont Park.Posted 4 days ago
  • Mo Tom finds a trouble free trip, and rolls home an easy Ohio Derby winner.Posted 4 days ago
  • Isabella Sings strolls to victory in Monmouth's Eatontown.Posted 4 days ago
  • Sarah Sis makes all the running as the Chicago Handicap favorite.Posted 4 days ago
  • Harzand holds off Idaho in the Irish Derby to become a dual Derby winnerPosted 4 days ago
  • Far From Over wins his return today at Belmont after more than 16 months away.Posted 5 days ago
  • Champion Untapable has been retired from racing, according to owner, Ron Winchell.Posted 9 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ??? 615 X 400

*Bred in Kentucky, I was a descendant of the great Bold Ruler.

*My sire made a name for himself on the first Saturday in May.

*I became a grade one winner in the Midwest at the distance of 6 ½ furlongs.

*I was a multiple stakes winner in each of the following states: Florida, Illinois, and Kentucky.

*The majority of my stakes wins came as a juvenile, although I was still winning them at four.

*I finished first or second in 83% of my races over my three-year racing career.

*I ran well in each leg of the Triple Crown without winning or being favored in any.

*Unfortunately, my career was cut short by injury after a pair of stakes wins in Florida.

*I came two years after an American Classic winner for the same sire, breeder, owner, and trainer.

*Known for finishing 2nd, I retired with just as many wins, despite being DQ’d in what would have been my biggest victory.

*As a stallion, I was unable to pass on my talent and success, although I did sire a champion in Venezuela.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Nice!
I was looking for winners at Arlington and forgot about the Arlington Washington Futurity. Nice job with Run Dusty Run!!!!!!
Bravo, JohnBravo. Fun trip through history, Brian.
and now I run to bed...goodnight all
Gracias
I thought sure you would get it after that guess, Kaitlin.
Yeah John!
I KNEW IT WAS A SON OF DUST COMMANDER. THATS WHY I GUESSED MASTER DERBY. dangit.
Menifee
BRAVO!
Bingo! Run Dusty Run it is ... well done, John Bravo!
Menifee
I'm trying to figure out if "my sire made a name for himself on the first Saturday in May" just means the sire won the Kentucky Derby or if it means that he wasn't really well known until he did.
run dusty run
No to Secret Generation, nor is it Orientate.
Templado?
Not Proud Citizen.
Orientate
Secret Generation?
No. Record not good enough.