• In his first start since the Remsen, Gift Box rolls over a strong allowance field at Belmont.Posted 1 day ago
  • Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 4 days ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 5 days ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 6 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 6 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 6 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 6 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 6 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ??? 615 X 400

*Bred in Kentucky, I was a descendant of the great Bold Ruler.

*My sire made a name for himself on the first Saturday in May.

*I became a grade one winner in the Midwest at the distance of 6 ½ furlongs.

*I was a multiple stakes winner in each of the following states: Florida, Illinois, and Kentucky.

*The majority of my stakes wins came as a juvenile, although I was still winning them at four.

*I finished first or second in 83% of my races over my three-year racing career.

*I ran well in each leg of the Triple Crown without winning or being favored in any.

*Unfortunately, my career was cut short by injury after a pair of stakes wins in Florida.

*I came two years after an American Classic winner for the same sire, breeder, owner, and trainer.

*Known for finishing 2nd, I retired with just as many wins, despite being DQ’d in what would have been my biggest victory.

*As a stallion, I was unable to pass on my talent and success, although I did sire a champion in Venezuela.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Nice!
I was looking for winners at Arlington and forgot about the Arlington Washington Futurity. Nice job with Run Dusty Run!!!!!!
Bravo, JohnBravo. Fun trip through history, Brian.
and now I run to bed...goodnight all
Gracias
I thought sure you would get it after that guess, Kaitlin.
Yeah John!
I KNEW IT WAS A SON OF DUST COMMANDER. THATS WHY I GUESSED MASTER DERBY. dangit.
Menifee
BRAVO!
Bingo! Run Dusty Run it is ... well done, John Bravo!
Menifee
I'm trying to figure out if "my sire made a name for himself on the first Saturday in May" just means the sire won the Kentucky Derby or if it means that he wasn't really well known until he did.
run dusty run
No to Secret Generation, nor is it Orientate.
Templado?
Not Proud Citizen.
Orientate
Secret Generation?
No. Record not good enough.