• Irish Jasper rolls from last to first in the Victory Ride.Posted 35 minutes ago
  • Magic Mark upsets the Bertrando Stakes at 11-1 to kickoff the Los Alamitos meet.Posted 1 day ago
  • Salutos Amigos dominant in Monmouth Park's Mr. Prospector.Posted 5 days ago
  • Crucero upsets the San Juan Capistrano at odds of 23-1.Posted 5 days ago
  • La Verdad skips through the Belmont slop to a victory in the Dancin Renee.Posted 6 days ago
  • Treve too much for Flintshire and the rest in today's Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.Posted 6 days ago
  • Golden Lad surges late to score in the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker.Posted 6 days ago
  • Bent on Bourbon has his coming out party in the Iowa Derby.Posted 6 days ago
  • Departing slips through on the hedge to win the Firecracker.Posted 6 days ago
  • Sarah Sis just holds off Pangburn in the Iowa Oaks.Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ??? 615 X 400

*Bred in Kentucky, I was a homebred for a family stable that is an American racing institution.

*My sire raced in all three legs of the Triple Crown, winning two of them.

*I first became a stakes winner in New Jersey, but my first big win came in California.

*My regular rider was native to a country where I ran second in one of their most important races.

*My only attempt in America’s Triple Crown resulted in a fourth place finish.

*A multiple graded stakes winner in New York, California, and New Jersey, I did not earn my first until after the Triple Crown was over.

*Half of my eight lifetime stakes victories were of the grade 1 variety.

*Racing more than ten times on the turf, I never finished worse than second while on my favorite surface.

*Known for my ability on grass, I was a track record holder and grade 1 winner on the dirt.

*A successful sire, more than seventy of my offspring became stakes winners throughout the world.

*After a full life, I was buried at a legendary American farm where I stood for more than 20 years.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Sorry this is belated: Nice job, Michael Harris !
Sorry this is belated: Nice job, Michael Harris !
Nicely solved! And yes, John Russell was the trainer, and Sandy Hawley was the rider.
Trained by John Russell I'm pretty dure.
started thinking of horses who won two triple crown races and were old enough to have sired a horse that stood as a stallion for 20 years; majestic prince came to mind. saw majestic light run in jersey many times.
Ah late to the party. Nice one Michael!
I saw him run twice in NJ, both were record setting performances.
sunshibe gorever
Majestic Light is the answer ... how did you nail this one down so fast, Michael?
My favorite Monmouth Park runner, Got here 4 minutes late.
Greinton?
First guess, and ... game over! Well done, Michael Harris!
majestic light