• Disco Partner (5-2) rolls last to first to win the Elusive Quality on the Belmont lawn.Posted 1 day ago
  • Battalion Runner and Malagacy will NOT run in the Kentucky Derby, per Todd Pletcher.Posted 1 day ago
  • Thunder Snow confirmed for the Kentucky Derby by Godolphin.Posted 1 day ago
  • Quiet Business (16-1) powers home to win the Bewitch at Keeneland.Posted 2 days ago
  • Celtic Chaos (7-1) gets up on the wire to win the Affirmed Success.Posted 2 days ago
  • Girvin, the Kentucky Derby points leader, has a quarter crack, via Byron King.Posted 3 days ago
  • Party Boat (7-2) takes the Memories of Silver on the Aqueduct turf.Posted 7 days ago
  • Dolphus (6-5), Rachel Alexandra's half-brother, wins AQU allowance; Shagaf lastPosted 7 days ago
  • Multiplier (4-1) kicks it in late to get past Hedge Fund in the Illinois Derby.Posted 8 days ago
  • Collected (3-5) rolls home much the best in the Californian.Posted 8 days ago
Breeders Cup 2015
Kentucky Derby 2017

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ??? 615 X 400

*Bred in Kentucky, I was a homebred for a family stable that is an American racing institution.

*My sire raced in all three legs of the Triple Crown, winning two of them.

*I first became a stakes winner in New Jersey, but my first big win came in California.

*My regular rider was native to a country where I ran second in one of their most important races.

*My only attempt in America’s Triple Crown resulted in a fourth place finish.

*A multiple graded stakes winner in New York, California, and New Jersey, I did not earn my first until after the Triple Crown was over.

*Half of my eight lifetime stakes victories were of the grade 1 variety.

*Racing more than ten times on the turf, I never finished worse than second while on my favorite surface.

*Known for my ability on grass, I was a track record holder and grade 1 winner on the dirt.

*A successful sire, more than seventy of my offspring became stakes winners throughout the world.

*After a full life, I was buried at a legendary American farm where I stood for more than 20 years.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Sorry this is belated: Nice job, Michael Harris !
Sorry this is belated: Nice job, Michael Harris !
Nicely solved! And yes, John Russell was the trainer, and Sandy Hawley was the rider.
Trained by John Russell I'm pretty dure.
started thinking of horses who won two triple crown races and were old enough to have sired a horse that stood as a stallion for 20 years; majestic prince came to mind. saw majestic light run in jersey many times.
Ah late to the party. Nice one Michael!
I saw him run twice in NJ, both were record setting performances.
sunshibe gorever
Majestic Light is the answer ... how did you nail this one down so fast, Michael?
My favorite Monmouth Park runner, Got here 4 minutes late.
Greinton?
First guess, and ... game over! Well done, Michael Harris!
majestic light