• Nyquist has spiked a fever, delaying his trip to Belmont, via DRF's Dave Grening.Posted 17 hours ago
  • Second Summer holds off Hard Aces to win the Grade 2 Californian.Posted 1 day ago
  • Exaggerator turns the tables and is victorious in the Preakness (G1).Posted 2 days ago
  • Takeover Target flies home late to win from last in the Grade 2 Dixie.Posted 2 days ago
  • American Freedom fights back for Sir Barton victory.Posted 2 days ago
  • Mizz Money holds on to take the Gallorette (G3) by a nose.Posted 2 days ago
  • Justin Squared was too fast to catch in the Chick Lang.Posted 2 days ago
  • Lady Shipman does not disappoint with a victory in The Very One.Posted 2 days ago
  • Marengo Road gets ahead to take the James W. Murphy.Posted 2 days ago
  • Awtaad upsets Galileo Gold to win the Irish 2000 Guineas.Posted 2 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ??? 615 X 400

*Bred in Kentucky, my sire retired undefeated and my broodmare sire was a Preakness winner.

*I ran in only one leg of the Triple Crown and finished off the board.

*A stakes winner 14 times over, my initial stakes victory came in Louisville, Kentucky.

*Well traveled, I raced in eight different states, with victories in six of them.

*I excelled at a variety of distances, including wins of nine lengths or more at both 5 ½ furlongs and 1 ¼ miles.

*Despite losing my last two, my overall record at Churchill Downs was 7-5-1-0.

*It wasn’t with me, but my owner and trainer enjoyed Kentucky Derby success together.

*You may be surprised to learn that I never competed at the Great Race Place.

*I finished 3rd in my career finale as the 9-10 favorite in a ten furlong affair which acts as the state’s signature race.

*Always popular with the bettors, I was favored at 8-5 or lower 21 times.

*If you are wondering about my career as a sire, you are barking up the wrong tree.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

Lost Code.
Well played, Dark Horse ... Come back and try to defend your crown next week!
Pine Bluff.
And career as a sire, barking up the wrong tree meant gelding or filly.
Initial stakes victory in Louisville meant to me a 2 or 3 year old at Churchill. Never ran at the Great Race Place means normal california connections (who also had success at the Derby). Then broodmare sire winning the preakness sealed the deal.
Nice win!
How did you nail this one down, Dark Horse?
Can I still guess Lost Code?
The DARK HORSE gets the win! Not Buttery Pancakes, either.
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to thank Brian Zipse for making this possible. I'd also like to thank Lost Code, without whom none of this would be possible. I'd also like to thank....
Sorry, Michael ... 2nd place tonight.
Dark Horse, is that you? And with tonight's answer?? And it's not Lost Code??? Outstanding, Chris ... It is Silverbulletday!
silverbulletday
Silverbulletday
Sorry, it is not Perfect Drift.
perfect drift