• Multiple sources confirming McCraken will miss the Tampa Bay Derby due to slight ankle issue.Posted 2 hours ago
  • Avanti Bello (3-1) proves best to win his second straight Tiznow Stakes.Posted 1 day ago
  • Girvin (8-1) upsets the Grade 2 Risen Star Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Unified (2-1) makes a winning return in the Grade 3 Gulfstream Park Sprint.Posted 2 days ago
  • Enterprising (3-1) runs down Oscar Nominated in the Grade 3 Fair Grounds Handicap.Posted 2 days ago
  • Morticia (2-1) game all the way in the Melody of Colors.Posted 2 days ago
  • Farrell (7-2) pulls away to win the Grade 2 Rachel Alexandra.Posted 2 days ago
  • Yorkiepoo Princess (9-5) races through fog to win the Busher Stakes.Posted 2 days ago
  • Honorable Duty (5-1) holds on to take the Grade 3 Mineshaft Handicap.Posted 2 days ago
  • Believe in Bertie (3-5) sets new course record in Daisy Devine.Posted 2 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who_Am_I_Orange_615x400

*Bred in Kentucky, I was purchased for just under 0.3% of what I would eventually earn on the racetrack.

*My sire was a graded stakes winner, his sire was a champion on more than one occasion.

*A winner of two-thirds of my races, I hold the rare distinction of never finishing out of the money.

*My first win came in South Florida; my first loss came to a champion.

*I won grade 1 stakes races in three states ... New York, California, Florida, and Maryland were not among them.

*My first career stakes win came in a state not exactly known as a racing hotbed.

*Although the average winning margin in my stakes victories was nearly six lengths, my final one came by a nose.

*My last two riders (there were only three) are considered all-time greats.

*2-0-0-2 combined in New York and California, my record in the state of New Jersey was 6-4-2-0.

*I was successful at six different distances, including twice at six furlongs or less, and twice at a mile-and-a-quarter.

*While a good sire, none of my offspring were able to reach the heights that I did.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

recall when his full brother came to auction. Big bucks for him and very little retrun on investment
Underrated horse, Spend a Buck
LOL!
Yeah, I needed more luck with my hissy-fit.
Wow that was a speedy answer
Even the great ones need a little luck ... you can decide for whom that statement was intended.
and the world never heard of Cam Gambolatti again!
That's what we said! I practically threw a hissy-fit, but no dice. :)
this was a fluke - it was literally the first name that popped into my mind. probably because of the jersey clues. and howard is right - fellow disgruntled eternal prince bettor
Sounds like your school's priorites were out of whack!
I was on my Senior Trip (with all 48 graduates) at the Stupid Epcot Center on the first Saturday of May, 1985. It took us hours to find a television to watch the race. They wouldn't let the five of us fans stay at the hotel by ourselves.
Too fast! Congrats, Michael Harris.
Damn, too fast!
LOL ... Jay S.
Story of my life, Brian. :)
Just a step slow, Jay S. ... How did you get this one so fast, Mr. Harris?
Reason he won was Eternal Prince got left.
Michael Harris ... are you for real? The correct answer of Spend A Buck in near world record time!
I figured it was a Derby winner.
Spend A Buck