• Even Thunder (5-2) holds on to win the King's Swan.Posted 3 hours ago
  • Effinex, earner of more than $3.3 million, has been retired to stud in New York.Posted 3 days ago
  • Back on dirt, Midnight Storm (8-5) rolls home in the Native Diver.Posted 4 days ago
  • Kitasan Black, the favorite, scores victory in the Japan Cup.Posted 5 days ago
  • Farrell (10-1) easily wires the field in the Grade 2 Golden Rod.Posted 6 days ago
  • Connect (3-2) nips Divining Rod in an excellent Cigar Mile stretch duel.Posted 6 days ago
  • Mo Town (4-1) much the best in the Grade 2 Remsen at Aqueduct.Posted 6 days ago
  • Miss Sky Warrior (5-1) holds off Jamyson 'n Ginger in the Demoiselle.Posted 6 days ago
  • Verve's Tale (20-1) powers by Lewis Bay late to win the Comely.Posted 6 days ago
  • Texas Ryano (2-1) much the best in the Hollywood Turf Cup.Posted 6 days ago

Who Am I ???

Who Am I ??? 615 X 400

*Bred in the Mid-Atlantic, I was purchased as a yearling for $750,000 by a prominent, European born owner.

*Both of my grandsires were bred outside the United States and were well known both on the track, as well as, the breeding shed.

*My career began and ended at the same South Florida track, and just barely spanned four seasons.

*I won my first three races, which was the first of three career winning streaks which lasted between three and seven races.

*My first stakes win came in a grade 2 race at Belmont Park against the boys.

*A winner of more than 70% of my races, I never once finished second.

*My first loss at four came in a September race named after a legend of American racing.

*In my most important start on dirt, I finished third in a historic Saratoga race as the second betting choice.

*My Hall of Fame trainer was best known for one specific race, or make that several editions of one specific race.

*In my best season, I won 9-of-11. All of them were stakes, and were mixed well between the South, Northeast, and the West.

*My best known son ran in the Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes for trainer, D. Wayne Lukas.

You should know by now … Who Am I ???

Older Comments about Who Am I ???...

it wasn't a certainty, but it was the first name that sprang to mind - and you have to be quick in this game!
Solid second place finish, Leslie ... Michael is really good.
She was a very flashy mare :)
The first clue gave you de Kwiatkowski? Amazing!
Well done!
honestly? i read the first clue and googled "de kwiatkowski $750,000"
Can't beat Michael, at least I knew it was Woody Stephens! Nice one, Michael!
Dare I ask how you got it so fast, Michael?
Line of Thunder
Lady's Secret and Just a Game - No, but it is game, set, and match. Michael Harris does it again ... Sabin is correct!
Al Sabin
Sabin :)
Lady's Secret
Just a Game.
Sorry, it is not De La Rose.
sabin